• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I know what I will do.

jknaus

Administrator
I know I'm early but got my idea already (sooo bored)
The Bronco Cabriolet beside well and the officer and boy from ICM's German Patrol
1258898681_image_65.jpg

I think that fits the title.

icm kit found on ebay and on its way.

James

Looks like everyone is going for figures. I got to get the ol' noggin thinkin' and come up with something.

Iron Mike wrote:
Still going with this one, James? How's the thumb?

The thumb is sore and tender. Tried doing some modeling yesterday and found that I use my thumb and finger to hold stuff together as I glue and does that ever hurt.

After seeing some of the other ideas I started wondering about changing mine. That and ICM figures suck. Will see how it goes.
James

Bummer on both counts. :( The box art on the figures is better than what's inside?

The boy is okay but all the figures are smaller than other 1/35 figures and very soft detail. I've started the boy to see what it ends up looking like but the officer is a waste. Even the weapons aren't good.
James

The two older figures I'm using don't have the sharpest of detail either, especially next to the one Gen2 guy but I'll use all the Gen2 gear and take the knife to some of the folds and straps to try and bring them up to snuff.

Keep us posted, I'd like to see what that staff car is all about.

Okay I have to change plans. I'll do a sd kfz 234/3 and something. I've spent a hour going through my stuff and thats what kept popping out. The Officer is not great and the kid is so small I cant see to paint. Maybe if my eyes where better and I havd the hands of Joe or Giovanni I might pull it off, but not me right now. I will have to see as I go along what will join the fountain and what my idea is going to be. Hope thats okay with the mods.

I'll post a pic of the unstarted kit tomorrow.
James

jknaus wrote:
Hope thats okay with the mods.

It's your build James, you're pretty much free to put Han Solo and Marilyn Monroe sharing a cigarette while tossing in a coin in that well.

Rock on. :ro:

Well, James- I for one can't wait to see how your ideas pan out. Me? I'm still searching for that Aber Kubelwagen PE that's somewhere in my stash... :huh:

chuk

I think I have it now. I will do this bakery

lat1_1_20101006_1213799235.jpg

and this steyr truck conversion

truck_4_20101006_1733201049.jpg

and I have a baker comming.
James

Well I still dont know what I will do but here is what I did today.

front_1_20101202_2026189981.jpg

left_2_20101202_1556052775.jpg

right_3_20101202_1118452536.jpg

Using pictures from this thread I got a hankering to make something different. I robbed a Historex kit of its horse head, cut open the mouth and removed all the tack. Drilled a hole in the mouth and inserted a pipe and made a plate of plastic sheet and half round stock. Painted some shading on the blocks andblue tacked the new fountain head to see how it looks. Just have to figure how I want to paint the fountain and the brass and away I go.
Comments and critiques welcome.
James

I love the idea but see if you can extend the base (water bed) a bit so that the drips would fall into the pool.

At least you did not go for a puppy with a raised leg! :D

Regards,

That Rocks James!!! I agree with Saul about trying to push the pool out some but other than that, it rocks!

Puppy? hmm....

Excellent idea, James!! Looks great and ought to be stunning in end! A puppy with a raised leg??? :D

Back