• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures/Aero Master SBD 3 or 4 LTD Ed

Swordsman

Ok this is the one picked Accurate Miniatures / Aero Master SBD 3 or 4 Kit #7806 Operation Torch/Midway Ltd Edition .... Should make a good subject for this build ....

h6595d37.JPG

h529d216.JPG

h3a594d4.JPG

hcc7eab9.JPG

There you go a re-Boot will fix the Putter every time ..... Now Thanks Terry for the Seal of Approval ... This looks like a very nice Kit .... I need to get caught up on the threads you've been posting Here ... Thanks for what You Do .... :notworthy

Accurate Miniatures / Aero Master SBD 3/4 LTD Ed

Great pick--I built the same exact kit as an Operation Torch -4 a few years back and loved it!

Thanks Mike .... I'm looking forward to this build ... So good to have you on board with having done one ... My life is very busy today I might get into the Bunker tonight .... I can't wait to get this started ... :pilot

No starts yet ;) Gotta wait until everyone has their hw ready ;)

:hmmm I'll be :popcorn :eek:ldguy I did the AccMin SBD-1 a few yrs back. Nice kit. Only problem I recall havingwith itwas the gunner's ring...

No starts yet ;) Gotta wait until everyone has their hw ready ;)

That's what I meant .... been real busy between friends passing away & working on Customer's items ... I can't find any time for myself ... So What I meant to say whz I'm looking forward to the day this starts ... :pilot I've been getting the Bunker which has become a Store Room of late ... so I had something to do every night .... I put in a bunch of shelving and their all full need more added and I think I could get to the bottom of the pile .... :rotf :yipee :rotf

:hmmm I'll be :popcorn :eek:ldguy I did the Acc Min SBD-1 a few yrs back. Nice kit. Only problem I recall having with it was the gunner's ring...

Thanks Ed I've looked the Instruction's over ... looks like it will be a good one I love the Instructions ... They are easy to understand & were written by a Modeler .... :pilot

:hmmm I'll be :popcorn :eek:ldguy I did the Acc Min SBD-1 a few yrs back. Nice kit. Only problem I recall having with it was the gunner's ring...

Thanks Ed I've looked the Instruction's over ... looks like it will be a good one I love the Instructions ... They are easy to understand & were written by a Modeler .... :pilot

Yeah, the instructions were purty good. AccMin did have an online builld up of the SBD-1 which was quite helpful too. Dunno if it's still up or not. Try their website...

Well I might do that still working around the Clock on the hobby shop and putting things on eBay to sell .... :soldier :pilot :soldier

Sadly their company went defunct and with it, the website. The SBD kits present no real issues-- except for occasional warped dive flaps...but nothing insurmountable. Their Avenger kits were among the best in the scale-- but the turrets gave people fits so that was where those online builds were very helpful. Wonder if someone has them backed up somewhere?

Gerry-- any questions on the researching of the SBD-- I have just about every book on her as it's my favorite bird- so just ask away ;)

Sadly their company went defunct and with it, the website. The SBD kits present no real issues-- except for occasional warped dive flaps...but nothing insurmountable. Their Avenger kits were among the best in the scale-- but the turrets gave people fits so that was where those online builds were very helpful. Wonder if someone has them backed up somewhere?

Gerry-- any questions on the researching of the SBD-- I have just about every book on her as it's my favorite bird- so just ask away ;)

Thanks Mike I may need some help ... I tried to order the Eduard Color detail set ... I don't think it's available none of my suppliers have it ... I did get one of these a VERLINDEN P&W R820 DAUNTLESS ENGINE 1:48
Stock Number: 1096 ... that should be fun .... :pilot

I was looking for the Eduard about three weeks ago myself. One guy in the UK, but selling to the US market on eBay had the set pretty cheap and either it included shipping or shipping was low as well. He had a bunch of them and the only reason why I didn't order one was he wasn't available to ship until sometime around now.

I ended up dry brushing and painting the IP and I like the look better than Eduard. This is just black, white and future. No decal on anything...

h324be8b.jpg

Looks Very Good ... Excellent Job ... I'll see what I can Come up With Tomorrow is Saturday Yeah two days in the Bunker .... :soldier :pilot :soldier

Love the old AM Kits. This is one of my favourites along with the Avenger. Off to a very nice start with this one.....Cheers Mark

Back