• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A new B-36 kit -update on pricing and availability

Heavens Eagle

From HPH Facebook page.

On December 1st 2017, B-36 Peacemaker in 1/48 scale kit will be released. Realy huge, fibreglass/ resin kit will be produced in a very limited edition - only 100 pcs. are going to be produced! Each kit will contain a special certificate with the serial number of the kit. The price is stated to 575 Euro. Pre-orders via info@hphmodels.cz are being accepted, so do not waste the time!

As of today, 11/18/2017 The exchange Euro to US dollar is 1.18 dollar to the Euro. Not too bad, considering that it was a lot more than that a while back. This makes it about $680 for the kit.

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-20.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-1.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-2.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-3.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-6.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-7.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-8.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-9.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-10.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-11.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-12.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-13.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-14.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-15.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-16.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-17.jpg

B-36-Peacemaker-HpHmodels-18.jpg

The photos are links from HPH website.

A new B-36 kit

I'll pass, thanks.

I predict we'll never see one build. I know i'm negative like that.

Looks like they have some fit issues with the jet pods.

A new B-36 kit

I doubt the box would even fit in the closet.

I'll go with Bob's train of thought. Doubt I'll ever see one.

Cheers, Christian B)

A new B-36 kit

At my age I doubt I would live long enough to finish it ! :eek:ldguy I wonder how many bottles of Alclad it would take to paint it ?

A new B-36 kit

Last night for "Grins and Giggles" I worked out the size on this thing.

Length: 40.5 inches (102.9 cm)

Height: 11.7 inches (29.7 cm)

Wingspan: 57.5 inches (146 cm)

Build up your old Monogram B-29 and it will still look small.

As opposed to the 39 inch wingspan on the 1/32 scale B-17 or the 36 inch wingspan on the FelixStowe F2a.

The C-47/DC3 which is also being developed in 1/32 scale, has a wingspan of 36 inches.

The Savoia Marchetti SM 79 which is also in development, will have a wingspan of 24.75 inches.

The A-20 Havoc/Boston in 1/32nd scale will have a 22.8 inch wingspan.

And finally, if you think the B-36 is huge, HPH is developing an Me-323 in 1/32nd scale. (should have been 1/35 due to all the armor and stuff it would be hauling) That beast will have a 67.8 inch wingspan. :blink

Will we see the big ones? Probably at the Nats (maybe yeah) but then you never know. :D

A new B-36 kit

Sorry but those guys have had too many Belgian beers ( or worse ) .

Cheers, Christian B)

A new B-36 kit

I'm amazed that a kit that no one wants to build has generated this much conversation. :coolio

A new B-36 kit

I'm amazed that a kit that no one wants to build has generated this much conversation. :coolio

Not that we don't WANT to build it...just, like, wow. What the hell you gonna do with it when it's done.

That and it's like a car payment.

A new B-36 kit

Well, I'm sure that somebody somewhere will want it ...but . For the cost and even if no money was no object , the most likely use would be as a weather vane or a gate guard ( and I have none ).

Frankly , the big stick is the way I think about it , more than the peacemaker .

I have walked around several static displays on bases . It's bigger than a B-52 but to the best of my knowledge it has never accomplished much more than scared aircrews and kept the fire department on their toes .

Oh, I'm sorry , we tried to use it to deploy parasite fighters but we could never really get that to work :snoopy .

Maybe it's just me but it does not fit my toybox and certainly not my billfold . But that's me B)

Good luck if you get one . Cheers, Christian B) Oh, and too small to fly :pilot

A new B-36 kit

Well, I'm sure that somebody somewhere will want it ...but . For the cost and even if no money was no object , the most likely use would be as a weather vane or a gate guard ( and I have none ).

Frankly , the big stick is the way I think about it , more than the peacemaker .

I have walked around several static displays on bases . It's bigger than a B-52 but to the best of my knowledge it has never accomplished much more than scared aircrews and kept the fire department on their toes .

Oh, I'm sorry , we tried to use it to deploy parasite fighters but we could never really get that to work :snoopy .

Maybe it's just me but it does not fit my toybox and certainly not my billfold . But that's me B)

Well it did keep the B-49 from coming out in full production. Politics makes for strange bed fellows.

A new B-36 kit

Well it did keep the B-49 from coming out in full production. Politics makes for strange bed fellows.

This is true. Jack Northrop said so in an interview late in life. Some crooked politician down in Texas tried to make NA sell to Convair, NA refused and they paid the price.

A new B-36 kit

As to the B-49, I was under the impression that a big part of the problem was that it had a terrible stall problem. It flew quite well under power, but if it stalled it would start flipping end over end like a long skinny piece of cardboard.

A new B-36 kit

Nope, it was purely political. When you consider the crooked politician went on to be the President of Convair, it's pretty obvious. Stuart Symington was his name, he tried to force Northrop into a merger with Convair, when they refused he, as Sec of the Air Force canceled the B49.

A new B-36 kit

An update to this kit.

It was released on December 1st. Here is the text from the ordering page.

B-36 PEACEMAKER 1/48

Reference HPH 48049L Condition: New
THIS KIT IS PRODUCED IN 100 PCS. LIMITED EDITION. IN THE TIME OF RELEASE, THERE WAS 83 PRE-ORDERES ALREADY ACCEPTED. CONSIDERING THE TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTY AS WELL AS DURATION OF PRODUCTION OF SUCH AN EXCLUSIVE KIT, APPROXIMATELY 10 PCS. ARE BEING MANUFACTURED PER A MONTH.DUE TO THAT, FOLLOWING ORDERS WILL BE DISPATCHED IN 10 MONTHS APPROX.

The price listed is 475.21 Euros which is about 20% less than originally posted for the pre-order.

Yes, I pre-ordered it. :blush: I contacted them as I had not heard anything and am #75 on the list. Which means my order should come up about June of next year. I am looking at it this way. As a limited edition and a quality kit from a known mfg, it should hold it's value and possibly increase in value. So if I ever decide to sell it I should be able to get my cash back. Hey everything is a gamble. This one seems pretty safe and I will have the kit in hand when/if I decide to build it.

Oh, and as of today December 9, 2017 the Exchange Euro to Dollar is still 1.18 which makes it about $560.

Back