• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Halloween time.

ausf

Master at Arms
Not a model, but...I had an idea for a really creepy porcelain doll head, where the eyes and mouth were sewn shut.

So I whipped up a quick sculpt, made an even quicker mold and heres the porcelain greenware ready to drop in the kiln. Hopefully late tomorrow they'll be dry enough to fire.

The six on the left have the holes bored out for the thread, but I think the four on the left look even creepier as is. I'll see when I get the final glaze colors worked out and they're fired.

I'm planning on a distressed look with pale bluish flesh and dark, dingy red in the crevices. I'll try to get a cracked clear glaze.

Whad'ya guys think?

h1afd907.jpg

Thanks guys.

Porcelain glazes are tough, you paint them on blind and don't know what they'll look like until after firing, so it's a 24 hour wait.

Anyway, I'm sorta heading in the direction I want to go, here's what came out of the kiln a few hours ago:

h7f01b90.jpg

Back