• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anyone want to take a guess?

JSteinman

Master at Arms
Can anyone identify the building from this doorway (in which Jeff is standing)?

Lisoi6H.jpg

Someplace anchored on the left side... should be a ball and chain if you got married it in... I'm not good at guessing!

E6032920001.jpg

Regards,

It is the largest dormitory in the United States and maybe the world. It is Bancroft Hall at the US Naval Academy, it houses the entire Brigade of midshipman. Once you become a pleb you get to enter that door on I-day, and then you cannot use it again until you have graduated!

sbExfMa.jpg

72sNHsZ.jpg

He's going to the Naval Academy? :salute

It is his first choice, but the acceptance rate is 9%! He just spent a week there doing the summer seminar for rising high school seniors. It is a full immersion experience in the life of a midshipman. He loved it. They run 3 seminars each summer for a total of 2400 students - it is very competitive to even get chosen to attend, and only about a 3rd of those that attend eventually apply. I think it is a great idea, it really lets you see if you can handle being a midshipman.

This is his "Squad"

JZ1ACks.jpg

I assume Annapolis is like West Point in terms of competition. You need your state Congressperson to push to get into the Point.

My wife's uncle was Rear Admiral and he son a Commander, both ring knockers.

Back