• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA III

jknaus

Administrator
Hi Guys and Gals. CTA III is in its final leg. We've gotten over $1000 US so far but you are more than welcome to donate some more. Don't forget to finish your kits to be in the prize draw. So far there are 16 finished models which all look great. I hope we can get more. For those late starters there is just over 3 weeks left so lots of time. Anyone wanting to join in be quick.
Remember this is all for a good cause against a nasty disease that affects all of us.We've lost friends on this forum already this year, have friends on the forum who have been fighting the cursed disease, and some who have won.
So please lets make that final push and see if we can get more ammo in the fight against Cancer and lets see some more finished work because there are some very nice prizes for the finishers.
James

W-T-F.gif

Thanks for posting James, I thought it ended like on April 1 or something. Had not been in a big hurry due to that.

mouse.gif

This is for a great cause, my fellow modelers. Let's knock out those entries and make some noise. :ro:

Deadline is February, 28 2017. :frantic

LOTS of prizes dangin' out there. Just pay up, build and wait for the drawing. Mostly just pay up, we want your cash!! :bat

:mpup

LOTS of prizes dangin' out there. Just pay up, build and wait for the drawing. Mostly just pay up, we want your cash!! :bat

:mpup

Probably going to throw a bit more money into the pot. Won't be able to finish more than one more build but it goes to a good cause. (y)

Not sure if I will be able to finish my Do-17 in time, but am I guess at about the 50% point. Got one of the PE flaps built last night and all the tiny bits of PE cut for placing in the intersections on it. Need a tiny sticky dodad to hold them while putting some thick CA on them and then place them on the framing. The flaps look awesome but are very delicate and fiddely to build.

I will try and have some more photos in a few days.

Truck is nearly done...Still scratching some wing detail to the SBD...Also have Feb break off in two weeks so should have no problems finishing.

about 2 weeks left guys and gals. Lets see some more completions. Its all for a good cause so donations welcome also.
James

Waiting on some spare wing sprues I picked up on eBay to finish mine up but I'll be done on time ;)

Well guys and girls, just over a week left. Hope we can see some more completions and as always extra donations are much appreciated.
James

I ended up being out of the house all weekend...I need to get back on these and try to get them wrapped up this week/weekend. :frantic

I did finish one for this so I at least got my third CTA campaign ribbon. I doubt I'll be able to finish the second one given the difficulty in completing the P/E screens on the back of the tank. If I get paid though; I'll try to add to the kitty before this closes.

My Dornier is coming along well, but probably won't make it by the deadline. Got delayed on the start by a project here at work and won't cut back on the AMS level at this point to speed it up.

Did figure out how to easily make the "flat" inside parts conform to the compound curves on the inside of the landing gear doors. PERFECTLY! :D

Just don't want to rush it and screw it up.

I'll be done with the Yuengling pick'em up T. Had one tonight at the Delmar Diner tonight in Delmar Maryland...or is it Delaware... :drink

Ok I'll jump on this tonight ... I was having trouble with the engines ... But think it's solved now ... no time for Me thought when I retired I would have time ... Last night was my SCV meeting ... We had a interesting speaker ...

Okay everyone this is wrapping up so please finish up and post your completed build. I will lock the completed build thread on March first and only those finished will be drawn for the gifts donated by some wonderful sponsors and members of this forum. I would like to publicly thank everyone for joining in on this worthy event. And once again last minute donations to the fund are gratefully appreciated. WE have raised over $1000.00 US for the Cancer Fund so far.
You have all made a difference and while some good people and Modelers Alliance Family Members have lost the fight in the 4 months this campaign has gone on some have also won. Thank you everyone for your efforts
James

Back