• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Site Migration Information Center

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Figure I start a thread to let you all know what's going on with the new site. Right now, not much. Real world work is in the way. I do have a new server purchased, got a basic website loaded and right now i'm working on the mechanics of the site. After that's working we'll start on the artwork to make it look pretty and functional.

One of the task we have to do is transfer the content of this site into the new platform. For the sake of my sanity we've decided to engage a software that will do the work for us. This software is not free, don't worry, not hitting y'all up for more money but, the more we transfer the more it cost. So we're going to go over the 6+years of forums and post and we're going to delete some very old things, old campaigns that have really low participation or completions. No one's completed campaign badges will be removed, you earned it, you keep it. But..your post count may go down.

I really hope no one is worried about post counts here. There is some debate on having them at all, that's for another discussion if we need to talk about it.

So hang on guys, if you see the forum topics move around or disappear just hang tight. None of our current campaigns will be affected, we're just looking at the really old stuff, things that didn't take off, that sort of thing.

Just want to get y'all in the loop. :tomato

Thanks for the update. I think the post count is interesting, but in no way indicative of the person, their work, or thier contributions/skill level, so yeah, it's neat, but not neccessary.

You just keep up the good work, Sir-Pup, we are behind ya! :beer

PS....just for the info, I promise to quit aksing when do we get the new site/yatta-yatta

I keep picturing you at the IPMS show when we had lunch, leaning over with that hand raised up sying "Come here! Lean this way....."

.....Hey, is THAT why you ave that thousand yard stare in Old Dog's pic????

Chatted with my WordPress Guru and he feels like he'll have the new site up and running before we kick off CTA3. Look for news here soon.

:soldier

Yikes , I hope our site migration goes better than what the ARC. site just went through.

It just took them a month and ten days to get back on track. :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Yikes , I hope our site migration goes better than what the ARC. site just went through.

Cheers, Christian B)

:bang head

Thanks for the positive waves dude....

:mpup :rotf

Not trying to stir up anything here . Really hoping you will be more successful with this one.

They had to completely change their site and that's a very long time for one to be down . Where's the emoticon with the crossed fingers ? :coolio

Cheers

Cheers, Christian B)

:bang head

Thanks for the positive waves dude....

:mpup :rotf

Not trying to stir up anything here . Really hoping you will be more successful with this one.

They had to completely change their site and that's a very long time for one to be down . Where's the emoticon with the crossed fingers ? :coolio

Cheers

It'll be fine! Bob's on it!

Besides, its electronics and computers, what could go wrong! B)

I just chatted with Jason our WordPress guru and he has stuff to upload to the new site this week. We're going to be a bit more proactive in this, instead of taking the site down and then migrating, we'll have basically two sites up, the new one and the old one for archiving. I'll have this current forum in a lock down were we can only read and the new one will be where we post. We'll migrate content over gradually instead of all in one swoop.

Hope to have this well underway by the kickoff of CTAIII.

Back