• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Modeling Redux?

If you mean a campaign like 'Micro Modeller Month' that was held in February (1:72/76 or smaller), I'm right behind you, however can I ask you to change the title of this thread, just a wee bit insensitive, eh ??

Thanks

Ian.

can I ask you to change the title of this thread, just a wee bit insensitive, eh ??

Thanks

Ian.

Certainly! I am diabetic so at my rate I will soon fit the category, but hey, I do not want to insult!

And yes, Micro-Modeling was exactly to what I referred. I am going to pay "Sir Pup" (Moon Puppy) a visit this weekend if possible and will propose it at that time....and thanks!

Post a poll on this thread and folks will respond if interested. If we get 10 or more, it's a go.

Post a poll on this thread and folks will respond if interested. If we get 10 or more, it's a go.

GREAT!!!!!........................how do I do that?

Looking at the current dance card, start time would likely be very late 2015 or early 2016, seeing how we are pretty much in "Rock-Tober" (October, for the non-head-bangers)

At first I wasn't going to sign up for this because to me, 'micro modeling' is 1/144 scale or smaller. 1/72-1/76 scale to me is 'Braille Scale'. Maybe I've been in the 'gaming' scene too long since they consider everything from 15mm (1/96 scale) and smaller to be 'micro scale'. I still may not sign up for this because, despite being faster and easier to build; lately I haven't been able to finish a 1/72 scale aircraft or armor model in a month's time or less. Life and other issues keep getting in the way. Maybe a three month span would make it easier for me to complete a 1/72 scale model for this campaign.

I'll see how things go, and if my life smooths out anytime soon; I may jump right in.

I've got a bunch of 1/72 armor and soft skins, so I'm in, but the Revell Type VII U-boat is 1/72 too.

Is extremely large micro mideling a thing? :D

Gary, he told me the other 10% is his Barbie doll collection! :tomato

Yeah, most of my stash fits the bill for this too. I have the 1/700 HMS Huron and a couple of 1/700 Uboats I might just pull out for this though to make it a challenge.

Look for a longer time frame this go, one month isn't enough for some folks (Chris). :drinks

Hey. I am pleasantly sur-prized at the number of responses! OPk, a couple of things:

1 - It will DEFEINITELY go more thna month! Moon Pup will tell you I do almost nothing in under a month!

2 - I was actually thinking about FEBRUARY as being one of the two times (other being March) for this!

I THINK WE ARE 8 SO FAR, C'mon....two more gang, let's do it!

I dont mind it beeing longer That just means we can have a Micro Modelers Madness campaign next year again.

Back