• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Modeler Month

razordws

Any interest in having another Micro Modeler Month in 2014? We've had one or something similar (Quarter scale) every year and have not done one this year. I know its getting late but I love these quick builds and would not want to break with tradition. At this point it would likely have to start late Nov and end late Dec to give people time to gather materials.

Here are the rules from last year...

For the past four years we have had a one month build dedicated to small scale modeling. We want to continue this build, but with a new name and some new rules. We have some micro modelers in our midst and this will give them a chance to showcase their talents. This will also get some of us out of our comfort zones and try something different. This is always a fun little campaign. Now for the rules.

1. Armor builds must be 1/48 or smaller

2. Aircraft builds must be 1/72 or smaller

3. Automotive builds must be 1/32 or smaller

4. Ship builds must be 1/700 or smaller

I vote go for it Dave, although unfortunately I probably wouldn't be able to finish one in that amount of time due to being kicked back out on the road again :( I certainly will give it a shot :good:

I have a few Hobby Boss Easy Builds left BUT I do think a month is fast I will try and finish though.

Just for reference on the speed of the build, I used to host a 72 hour weekend build on a another website and would get about a dozen completions each year. Just sayin'... :frantic

Yes we generally have some sort of quick build, don't think we've had one in a while. It's going to be pushing it to get it in this year but let's try.

Well an 2014 ribbon would look nice next to my 2013 one Gosh I finished a model in a month last year (y)

Thanks Bob, shoulda checked with you first but my spontaneity got the better of me! :blush:

Na Dave that's cool, shottin' from the hip is ok around here. Let's git'er done, that's what the HQ is about. Talk about it future builds. :dude

I vote go for it Dave, although unfortunately I probably wouldn't be able to finish one in that amount of time due to being kicked back out on the road again :( I certainly will give it a shot :good:

You can build and drive at the same time. Geeze! :D

Yes we generally have some sort of quick build, don't think we've had one in a while. It's going to be pushing it to get it in this year but let's try.

PUSH IT! Push it real good! I'm in for sure.

Crack that whip! :ro:

We're aging our selves Adam...yeah like you were 2 when that song was out? :rotf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM

:ro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleXlgHI1oM

:rotf

Just checked my 1:72 stash. I have every Phantom version except the E/F. And in the 'other' box, everything from a KC-135 to a Folland Gnat !!... I'm sure that I can find something to picque my interest.

Ian.

Oh...nevermind...I'll stick to my country station for now on..

Sorry Bob. It's just what I was thinking at the moment. Don't ask. I live with 5 females.

Dave, would it count if I built 2? And where is Duke? I would think he would want to be in on this...

Back