• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RAF double build - Phantom & Eurofighter

ij001

Using the still excellent Fujimi kit, I'm going to build 43 Squadrons' XV571 'A' as it was in 1988:

h99d14fc.jpg

hd552d58.jpg

And simultaneously using the superb RoG kit of the Typhoon, I'm going to build 11 Squadrons' 100 year anniversary 'special' from 2015.

hec7fac1.jpg

he322170.jpg

Colour schemes are very similar and both kits go together relatively easily so it shouldn't be too arduous... maybe :hmmm . Stay tuned, formal start-up pics on Wednesday.

Ian.

Ha !!, thanks lads, hey you up there in Canada... there's plenty of room for a CF-5 if you want to join-in :evil:

Ian.

Here we go again...

h3d01367.jpg

Got a little done today which you'll see tomorrow my time. Was hoping to get more done but it's almost too hot to work in the cave just now.
:pinch:

Ian.

Day 1 & 2
Didn't get too much painting time yesterday because it was so d*mn warm the paint was drying in the airbrush !!. Only got the pits sprayed and a little hand painting done. That said because it was so warm in the cave I was able to get a lot of the sub-assemblies done.

hc031ef2.jpg

Today it's bee a couple of degrees cooler so I've been able to grab around 90mins. Got the IP dry-brush finished on the Phantom then got the decals on to the Typhoon panels. That done I went ahead and glued both fuselages together.

Because they've got to this point so quickly, I couldn't resist taping the wings together and dropping them into place for the photos.

hfbac31c.jpg

h707afda.jpg

hdaafc75.jpg

hc81d713.jpg

h4f11881.jpg

heae146e.jpg

Stay tuned, may get some more done this evening and tomorrow afternoon. AFN.

hf92345f.jpg

Ian.

Damn, talk about hit the ground running! You may be done by the time I crack the box open. :laugh:

Day 1 & 2
Didn't get too much painting time yesterday because it was so d*mn warm the paint was drying in the airbrush !!. Only got the pits sprayed and a little hand painting done. That said because it was so warm in the cave I was able to get a lot of the sub-assemblies done.

hc031ef2.jpg

Today it's bee a couple of degrees cooler so I've been able to grab around 90mins. Got the IP dry-brush finished on the Phantom then got the decals on to the Typhoon panels. That done I went ahead and glued both fuselages together.

Because they've got to this point so quickly, I couldn't resist taping the wings together and dropping them into place for the photos.

hfbac31c.jpg

h707afda.jpg

hdaafc75.jpg

hc81d713.jpg

h4f11881.jpg

heae146e.jpg

Stay tuned, may get some more done this evening and tomorrow afternoon. AFN.

hf92345f.jpg

Ian.
I take it daddies Stormtroopers were not at home today :popcorn

I take it daddies Stormtroopers were not at home today :popcorn

Well yes & no, they finished school at 3pm as usual, but they went straight up to the pool with a bunch of their friends and a couple of the mums (including Frau), personally I think it was a pre-arranged meet up for a gossip by the mums... no matter they left me alone until 1630, so 90mins was a good session.

Just on that note, looks like tomorrow and the whole weekend are non-modelling days as Frau is in Christchurch and I'm pretty busy with work stuff and other commitments. Probably Monday before I get to the cave again.

Ian.

Day 3 & 4
This mornings' start point:

h6a6458e.jpg

ha037e1b.jpg

h570b06d.jpg

Phantom built, filled, sanded and a little painting done (inner wings topside). Masked ready for glossy black basecoat around the tail.

Typhoon, pretty much at the same point. Construction done, filled and sanded. Interestingly I was reading a couple of forum articles from other sites on the Revell Typhoon - yes it has some unnecessary fit issues around the speed brake and under the wings, but man, to hear some folks go-on, you'd think it was equivalent to a 1980's VEB kit - 'simply unbuildable', it isn't, you just need to take more time than usual, check the fit and use a slow-acting glue like Revell 'Contacta'.

Is it just me or are some of our fellow 'hobbyists' becoming a little spoiled nowadays... :hmmm

h13d8323.jpg

h7294309.jpg

h1c52e22.jpg

h3d32c13.jpg

AFN, hopefully more tomorrow.

Ian.

Back