• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-90A MBT build

Heavens Eagle

I went to my local hobby shop last friday on my once a week trip. You never know what will show up on the shelves at Midsouth Hobbies. I had thought about picking up one of the tower flak gun kits, but when I picked up this Meng kit I couldn't believe how heavy it was. :blink
I had not intended on joining this campaign as I don't have any MBT's in my stash (as far as I know) This kit was interesting though so it was an easy choice to go ahead and pick it up.
I already have the Eduard PE set for it on the way. That should arrive tomorrow. Otherwise I have no info on modern Russian armor. I think I will just wing it on this build. One of the paint choices is a 3 color camo scheme from the 2010 Moscow military parade. Not a super dirty or weathered tank for that. All usually clean and maintained for inspection. Should be interesting.

So here are the obligatory start pics.

T-90A-001.jpg

T-90A-002.jpg

T-90A-003.jpg

I would probably not be doing this except I have almost a year to finish it along with the other stuff I am working on.

Giter' done Paul. I think just a very light dusting along the skirts and running gear will be fine. :soldier

Otherwise I have no info on modern Russian armor. I think I will just wing it on this build. One of the paint choices is a 3 color camo scheme from the 2010 Moscow military parade. Not a super dirty or weathered tank for that. All usually clean and maintained for inspection. Should be interesting.

Oh, I could change that by overloading you with information, details, schematics and then you'll get dogged down trying to replicate all those details. Is that what you want? If not, then enjoy the kit. I had this one, the Zvezda, and Trumpeter T-90 kits in my hands but only kept the Trumpeter.

Regards,

I found a link for my T-64 Paul, I'll get it to you when I get to work, I guess it's on the laptop. Dueling computers is very hard, I have windows 10 on both but not to sure about the Cloud drive. So when I get to work may be a link for the T-90.

Never mind try this:

http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/yuri_pasholok/t-90/

Cheers - Gerry

Oh, I could change that by overloading you with information, details, schematics and then you'll get dogged down trying to replicate all those details. Is that what you want? If not, then enjoy the kit. I had this one, the Zvezda, and Trumpeter T-90 kits in my hands but only kept the Trumpeter.

Regards,

Go for it Saul! You know I am a rivet counter at heart. :D I knew if I said something, those of you in the know would load me up. (y)

Thanks for the link Gerry! That is a really nice walk-around. That is the camo scheme that was my choice of one of the box offerings. It really shows how the paint looks and most likely how it would look for parade day.

Question Saul, What was it about the Trumpeter kit that you chose to keep it? Since you had all three kits, what were the differences, if you can remember.

Just curious. It seems that lately most of the mfgs are upping their game to make nicer kits (and we all like that).

Question Saul, What was it about the Trumpeter kit that you chose to keep it? Since you had all three kits, what were the differences, if you can remember.

Just curious. It seems that lately most of the mfgs are upping their game to make nicer kits (and we all like that).

tiny points for accuracy on the chassis and suspension. The cast turret on the Trumpeter kit was different than the welded turrets on the Meng and Zvezda kits and the markings I liked (with a Russian Eagle on the sides) was for the cast turret.

Regards,

Yesterday I finally set down and cut out all the link parts for the tracks and cleaned them up.
Then it was snap them together time. Have 1 full track of 81 links assembled. Will get some pics of assembling the other track tonight.

Here are the pics on the track assembly. I think it took longer to clip and clean up the parts than it did to assemble them.

The instructions call for each track to have 81 links. There are 26 extra links which is probably a good thing as I damaged a couple of the rubbery end pieces. They are rather soft.

Here are the pictures.

T-90A-004.jpg

T-90A-005.jpg

T-90A-006.jpg

T-90A-007.jpg

T-90A-008.jpg

T-90A-009.jpg

T-90A-010.jpg

Enjoy!

When I did mine I found it even easier to just do it by hand without the jig. Love these tracks.
James

It was easier to do the end parts with the jig for me. I found with the rubber parts that if I pulled a little on the sprue when I cliped the part off it gave a clean cut. Was really glad I had the super sharp nippers I have.

Had to be real careful when clipping the flash off the sides as they would cut right through wherever they were.

Back