• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 WIP Detail Work

Swordsman

Here you go start photos & a Placeholder

h37b1064.JPG

h566bee4.JPG

h89e95f6.JPG

h9ecd677.JPG

h1b659ad.JPG

h06cca4f.JPG

There's the Kit all the nice styrene bits sealed in Plastic, Permission to Roll Mr. T :soldier :soldier :soldier

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 Trumpeter Start Pics

Thanks Fellers, Now If I could just paint like the General.

Thanks Jeff, I started this a bit ago, yes parts are in the soap, soaking, How long does that take or how long do ya'll soak your parts?

Ok spent some time cleaning bench, seems I have a lot on my Plate/Bench So trying to get My space so I can turn around in it.

hf257204.JPG

h227e169.JPG

Parts Soaking, How Long does this take?

Parts Soaking, How Long does this take?

You know, this is something I have never done. I do wipe my model down with some 91% alcohol before I start painting to get any sanding particles off. I also soak photo etch in vinegar to clean it and give it some tooth.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny, I've never done it either, but the Half track SPG is giving Me fits, it is that yellow-orange trumpeter styrene, that reminds Me of the old Lindberg/MPC Kits it is very slick and refuses to take paint. the only way I got it to work was to spray it with Krylon, then the paint sticks to that. I will try the Alcohol, and the vinegar may work on Plastic as well, as it does a micro-etch via the acid in it.

Thanks Gerry

91% alcohol is my go to cleaner for everything. Many, many years ago I was in a pinstriping, vinyl pinstriping, class and our instructor said that rubbing alcohol was the only cleaner he uses. His reasoning was that alcohol has none of the additives other "cleaners" have. It leaves no residue at all and strips wax and other contaminates easily.

I keep it on my workbench in one of those push top alcohol dispensers you see in a doctor's office. Mine are plastic, not the nice brown glass one.

When I run into that problem I shoot it with allclad micro filler primer. Does the trick everytime

Yeah, I think I'll try the 190 proof stuff, I used to use it for cleaning laser optics. You could see the oil & dirt run away, thanks fellers

Thanks Luiz, I'll have to go get some of that 95% stuff if the painting doesn't take, I've been clearing the bench, this morning for this build. I love the nice Gray styrene.

Ok folks, I've got so much going on, I need to get organized, before starting this one. It looks like a very nice kit, I'm thinking I can (an AC Guy & Car Guy) do this kit as well as the Uppity Up's :woohoo: :rotf :woohoo:

hd19c872.JPG

So get ready, Some serious Armor building going On Here :soldier Parts are drying, bench is being cleared.

I couldn't resist the urge to get a start on this, photos in the morning. I've built all the road wheels & half of the hull, I had to stop, as I didn't stop by the liquor store for the 95% alcohol. Also I ran out of ready to roll parts :rotf

Well Good Morning, Folks !!! I worked on this MBT a little last night

hd51ff70.JPG

h7762ea9.JPG

Drive wheels look very Good

ha26d5f9.JPG

h15d8b1e.JPG

Then I assembled 14 road wheels & attached the wheel center cover

h3f6bc9e.JPG

h2fbad17.JPG

h8aede79.JPG

h6cdac06.JPG

hc29ed7f.JPG

h00ed3c9.JPG

ha3297f4.JPG

Worked on Suspension components, So side is done and safely tucked away in the protective Styrene, I love The General Dollar store.

Cheers - Gerry C&C Welcome

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 Trumpeter WIP Hull

Now that your building armor. Welcome to the dirt side and now you can be a uppity up. lol

Soviet T-64 MOD 1972 1/35 Trumpeter WIP Hull

"Uppity Up's"

hfb989eb.jpg

You're not really going to paint it with that shade green are you. That is so last year.

:rotf

Back