• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MAIN BATTLE TANK CAMPAIGN "VOTE HERE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
It's time.....I propose we do campaign covering MAIN BATTLE TANKS.

The rules:

1. Subject MUST BE post Korean war(if it was in WW2 NOT eligible)
2. Subject MUST BE fully tracked
3. NO TANK DESTROYERS
4. NO SELF PROPELLED GUNS
5. NO ANTI AIRCRAFT
6. NO TROOP CARRIERS
7. NO CONCEPTUAL TANKS
8. NO EXPERIMENTAL TANKS
9. NO LIGHT TANKS
10 NO RECON TANKS
11.NO FLYING TANKS
12.NO TANKS FLYING
13.NO TANKS BEING SHOT BY WINGY THINGIES
14.IN FACT NO WINGY THINGIES AT ALL NOT EVEN BIRDS OR BATS
15.NO TANKS IN BOATS...ON BOATS...OR WITH GOATS
16.Subject MUST BE a production tank used in the field
17.Subject can be from any country
18.Figures are encouraged

If you need help well.....just google it

If you haven't got the picture this is about MAIN BATTLE TANKS and nothing else. So you campaign lawyers, nit pickers, and hair splitters out there be warned you pull any that stuff with me and I'll delete your post.

Be advised I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat cordite and piss diesel fuel

Now are you ready for some real tank action?

Have a nice day!

Terry your friendly moderator.

:)

MAIN BATTLE TANK CAMPAIGN

Just to add to Mr Happy's post, John Marcus :drinks had already made a campaign ribbon for this. He told me that it was intended for a Main Battle Tank campaign.

mbt_ribbon.png

Now is as good as time to do it for John. :drinks

For those who don't know who John was, he was the person who started creating our Campaign ribbons years ago. We lost John to cancer several years ago and he was the subject of our first CTA campaign.

I'm in, I just got to figure out which MBT I can do.

No Paul, it would not be, that would be an Armored Fighting Vehicle AFV. MBT would be the M1 Abrams.

So it starts already ... Definition Of MBT

Main battle tank

A main battle tank (MBT), also known as a battle tank or universal tank, is a tank that fills the heavy direct fire role of many modern armies. They were originally conceived to replace the light, medium, heavy and super-heavy tanks. Development was spurred in the Cold War with the development of lightweight composite armour. They are still supplemented in some armies with light tanks.

I am so in. mbt,s are my kung fu ....and it is strong. Just saying that was a great movie quote.

So it starts already ... Definition Of MBT

Main battle tank

A main battle tank (MBT), also known as a battle tank or universal tank, is a tank that fills the heavy direct fire role of many modern armies. They were originally conceived to replace the light, medium, heavy and super-heavy tanks. Development was spurred in the Cold War with the development of lightweight composite armour. They are still supplemented in some armies with light tanks.

That's right don't put me to the test. Normal questions are ok, but if you dabate me BAMN!

I'm ready!

h08cddc3.jpg

Gunnery sgt Mr T. Does it have to be oob or can we add goodies and do modifications sir. lol sorry had to do that.

So what about the Soviet T series?

Nothing from WWII from any side?

I ask out of ignorance, the MBT is more of a "modern" term and was not something that would have been from WWII era?

Gunnery sgt Mr T. Does it have to be oob or can we add goodies and do modifications sir. lol sorry had to do that.

Add all the goodies you want.

That is compliment as far as I'm concerned.

h640f1fb.jpg

So what about the Soviet T series?

Nothing from WWII from any side?

I ask out of ignorance, the MBT is more of a "modern" term and was not something that would have been from WWII era?

If it hit the field after Korea you're good. No Israeli sherman upgrades either.

I'm basically a Schultz on this "I know nothink!" about modern armor.

Or in other terms, what I know about modern armor could be written in very big letters on a very small dot.

No Paul, it would not be, that would be an Armored Fighting Vehicle AFV. MBT would be the M1 Abrams.

I knew the Abrams was an MBT, and think I know a couple of others, but don't have any in my stash. That coupled with too many irons in the fire already will be passing on this.

I'll be passively watching. :popcorn

Back