• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A PZ IV BEING DONE AT SOUTH POLE...

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Hi mates!

I intend to post here the assembly of my Pz IV late model from Dragon with a super set of the Griffon Model...it 'll be a hard task because it'll be doing at The Brazilian Station located in the King Georde Island,South Pole,on my free time...no much time for modelling... :( ...and no model shops... :eek:hmy:

I'm living and working here since 24th March of this year and I'll stay here until late November...me and 25 guys are doing great refits and upgrades on the Station...

...look this pic...from left to right I'm the fourth...

...well, let's see the model and my new workbench...

...hope to finish it untill November!

Regards for all!

Luiz.

LUIZ,

You definitely have your work cut out for you, in more ways than one ! Please, keep us in th loop & post when ya' can !!

It doesn't get much further South than that !! That Might qualify for a TnT T-Shirt ??

JENNY, Has any one ever wore a TnT T-Shirt on th South Pole ??

ERIK

PZ ANTARCTIC - FENDERS#1 AND A SMALL FRIEND...

Thanks a lot for the nice comments...Ted,Erik and Jenny...yes,Jenny the days are very dark here...and the weather isn't so good...coldest days...15 degrees celsius below zero now :(

...well now,starting my PzIV assembly...a hard work foward...I'll start with the fenders supports...I'd like to say that the soldering job will be a must on this project...see the first pictures...

...the necessary stuff to do the job...

...to allow,the perfect aligment of the fenders supports the rear hull must be worked too...

...and a small friend made avisit to us...

...hope you like the project starting...see you soon!

Luiz.

That's a PE heavy build.
Lots of detail work to get things right. It looks worth it though the accuracy is good.

Wow thats alot of brass. Looks like a great.. err...summer project. I like your buddy too. What is that the penguin is standing on Luiz?

iowabrit wrote:
for goodness sake don't knock over your glue bottle...............

HA! I did that the other night. I'm only 3 miles from the LHS but it might as well have been 3,000 cause they were closed.

Tim

Re:PZ ANTARCTIC - REAR HULL AND THE MOONLIGHT...

Hi!

...Dear slodder,Dario,Hood and iowabrit...thanks for viewing and commenting my job...

@Dario - Valeu amigo!...I think that the use of small pieces of the tin bar(picked up the soldering iron)with the help of the liquid flux(hidrochloric acid),applied with a small brush ,perform better than the usual soldering process...just my opinion...

@Hood...the penguimis standing on the Station helipad ;)

@iowabrit and Hood...yes,I agree with yours...no models shops here! :unsure: :blink :blush:

...now,working with the rear hull...

...now,an image that like so much...the Antarctic Moolight...this photo was taken on the last weekend...see and enjoy it!

Hope you like my progress and the moonlight...

Best!

Luiz.

What a great thread, Luiz. It's an educational thread with regards to the extensive use of photo-etched parts, and a geographical lesson too. Thanks for the wonderful pics of the your base in Antartica.

Wes

WOW! What a great thread and I love that picture of the moon..

Great PE work also, if I understand what you are doing. The flux is in the joint that you want solder and you pickup the solder with the hot tip, then the solder is drawn into the joint?

Hi there.

That's a really neat looking model. I was going to say that it looked pretty cool. However, anything you build at the South Pole this time of year would be extremely cool if you put it outside. VBG LOL

Cheers from Peter

8 months, 1 kit, it should be a thorough build heh? Let`s hope you don`t plan on giving it a whitewash scheme. We may never see it again! :S

I must say though, that would have to be one of the most beautifully clear night sky pictures I`ve ever seen. Truly magical!

Luiz,
Looks great so far... Hope you brought enough supplies to last
you stay... :idonno
Keep posting pictures. I hope it's going to have a winter camo on
it so it will blend in down there. :laugh:
Shawn

LUIS,

Lookin Good ! You are moving along nicely ! I love th Fender brackets !!

Th ARCTIC MOON-Scape ROCKS !!! It looks like a post card ! The shot of the Penguin is Cool !! Maybe you can teach him to Clean up some of those many Road Wheels !!! :woohoo:

ERIK

Hi!

...dear...Andy,Wes,moonpuppy,Laura,Peter,major,Shawn and Erik...thanks a lot for the support...very important,always!

@moonpuppy...yes!...that´s all right!

@Laura...more pics will come from this polar adventure!

@Shawn...next Friday,it´ll be arriving more two models for me...I´m so excited!...I´ll show you!

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

Back