• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW 190 A6 - JUST COMPLETED!...Jan 3rd.

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Hi all!

My entry in this Campaign will be the FW 190 A6 from Eduard...the initial pics :

The choosen version :

... :drinks

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Great choice Luiz. This was my alternative if I scr*w*d-up on the Jg54 machine I builta few months back.

Looking forward to your build.

Ian.

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Not THAT kit!

Luiz hope you're aware of the issues with assembly on this. I've tried it twice and gave up in frustration. Wait..my nemeses is the -8 kit. Are they based on the same kit, anyone?

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Luiz hope you're aware of the issues with assembly on this. I've tried it twice and gave up in frustration. Wait..my nemeses is the -8 kit. Are they based on the same kit, anyone?

I would say a big Yes!

Like the Ed D12 I am on, Luis, dry fit everything before you glue, check and re check, these are all tricky kits, lots of patience required.

Take your time and good luck, will be watching, it doesn't hurt to ask some advise from those talented souls here that have completed one of these. :drinks

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Great choice Luiz. This was my alternative if I scr*w*d-up on the Jg54 machine I builta few months back.

Looking forward to your build.

Ian.

...hope not dissapointed you...thanks for the spport!

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Not THAT kit!

I think so...

:drinks

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

I would say a big Yes!

Like the Ed D12 I am on, Luis, dry fit everything before you glue, check and re check, these are all tricky kits, lots of patience required.

Take your time and good luck, will be watching, it doesn't hurt to ask some advise from those talented souls here that have completed one of these. :drinks

...thanks for the hint , Phil...very appreciate!

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Luiz,
Great choice for a modeling subject but the Eduard kit can be troublesome to say the least.

When the Eduard kit was released a few years back I was getting some good feedback as to what it was like to build this kit from different modelers on a couple other modeling sites and was surprised at the reactions, some said it was a good kit while others binned it out of frustration. What really got my attention was one of the guys that threw his Eduard Fw 190A kit away was a very experienced modeler and had built many more Fw 190's than I ever have, I asked him why he binned the kit and he said not many things went together as they should and he decided to cut his losses and move on to a different kit. After hearing of the mixed reaction on building the Eduard short nosed Focke-Wulfs I decided to pass on buying any of them but did buy a couple Eduard long nose Fw 190's after reading they were a lot easier to assemble.

Good luck with yours and I will be watching with interest. :good:

Matrixone

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Frustrated..that's me! I looked up in my stash yesterday and noticed I have one, don't know what possessed me to get yet another but I may give it a shot again.

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Luiz,
Great choice for a modeling subject but the Eduard kit can be troublesome to say the least.

When the Eduard kit was released a few years back I was getting some good feedback as to what it was like to build this kit from different modelers on a couple other modeling sites and was surprised at the reactions, some said it was a good kit while others binned it out of frustration. What really got my attention was one of the guys that threw his Eduard Fw 190A kit away was a very experienced modeler and had built many more Fw 190's than I ever have, I asked him why he binned the kit and he said not many things went together as they should and he decided to cut his losses and move on to a different kit. After hearing of the mixed reaction on building the Eduard short nosed Focke-Wulfs I decided to pass on buying any of them but did buy a couple Eduard long nose Fw 190's after reading they were a lot easier to assemble.

Good luck with yours and I will be watching with interest. :good:

Matrixone

Thanks Les for the warning...!

I will try...hope to do a reasonable work :zen

Best!

Luiz

FW 190 A6 - JG 1

Luiz,
I have little doubt you will whip this model into shape! :good:

Just do more dry fitting than is usual and you should be fine, IIRC some of the problems with the Eduard short nosed Fw 190's centered around the engine cowls, the model was designed to be built with everything opened up and if you built it with the cowls closed there were problems getting them to fit.

Matrixone

FW 190 A6 - JG 1,,,THE START,,,

Hi all !

...the first pictures of my new project...thanks guys for the tips...really the assembly of this model requires a lot of attention and a plenty of dry assemblies...till the next update : the cockpit painting :coolio

Best regards!
Luiz.

FW 190 A6 - JG 1,,,THE START,,,

Starting to look nice already :) I like the last step. Nice touch :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back