• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GT-R R34 'Z-Tune ' * * D O N E * *

ij001

Just started...

h322f796.jpg

ha3c371e.jpg

Tamiya kit with their in-house 'Detail-Up' etch. Only needed to add the (lets's be honest, downright ugly) combined front air-dam & headlight shroud, then rubbed the whole body with Tamiya 1000 grit sponge to scuff-up the body ready for primer.

Shot a couple of coats of Tamiya Fine straight from the rattle-can with a light rub-down with some 2000 grit wet'n dry between the two coats.

ha5ae03e.jpg

hadd1d23.jpg

More Soon.

Ian.

GT-R R34 'Z-Tune'

Tamiya Purple as a base-coat for the (pearl) top coats.

JAtqOK2.jpg

xer14u3.jpg

Will let this dry & cure until after the weekend at least- we've got a very warm Spring here just now so drying shouldn't be an issue.

Ian.

GT-R R34 'Z-Tune'

OK, get ready to make an "Ewwww" face !

SX32tfi.jpg

bE3coXY.jpg

K4b29RS.jpg

Obviously the bodyshell needs it's second (pearl) colour, might get  to apply that tomorrow. PLEASE let me know what you think - over to you.

Ian.

GT-R R34 'Z-Tune'

Progress...

ha614339.jpg

h61b6dd0.jpg

Interior all done, including self-adhesive pre-cut carpets which come with the Tamiya 'Detail Up' set.

h08b349e.jpg

h0d62eb9.jpg

Also finished up the bodyshell. Two thin coats of Tamiya 'Pearl White' over glossy white. Will leave this to dry & cure for a couple of days, whilst that is going-on in the background, I'll start on the rolling chassis.

AFN

Ian.

All done:

h7428ff7.jpg

h3ccb2b0.jpg

Couple of photos of the completed chassis before I popped the wheels on - first time using a model-specific 'detail-up' set and it makes a H*LL of a difference. Very, very impressed.

Completed build, but forgot to touch-up the black trim around the windows before I got the camera out !! - all done now :bang head .

hea2da7b.jpg

h59a62fc.jpg

ha3b5a11.jpg

h74e18a7.jpg

h3480a7e.jpg

h257b4e0.jpg

Already started the next build, you can find it in the 'Revellogram' Campaign.

AFN

Ian.

Back