• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Straight Out Of Mayberry

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Way back in February 2016, me an' Goober had us an idear about a home brewed race car, who else woulda we had sponsor us than Wally's Garage? We started with the reissued AMT '32 For Victoria kit and started tweaking.

h78b6fb4.JPG

h23b8d45.JPG

Jake said he'd build us a set of custom headers, these outta be LOUD!

hdab9a1b.JPG

hb4a1dad.JPG

ha0020a6.JPG

he4b1e1c.JPG

Movin' on to the chassis, nothin' fancy here, all bidness.

hdfe37e9.JPG

hb4a1dad_2017-11-08.JPG

h18afe55.JPG

h21b74ab.JPG

h7a7e9b6.JPG

h0ebc0e1.JPG

More'n a year between wrenchin' on this, more to come. Stay tuned! Goober sez hey!

:drinks

So let's git us some paint, Goober!

h60f434e.JPG

hd6aa780.JPG

haaa7eca.JPG

h75f6647.JPG

hf0bc02b.JPG

Gilly whipped us up some fancy letterin', just couldn't get the Wally's Garage logo right, so he went rogue. :D

he3ff848.JPG

heb58f03.JPG

h5cf15f6.JPG

Wally jus' couldn't hep hissef and hopped up a mill fer us, check it out!

h731b809.JPG

h8aa34a1.JPG

hbbf8b8b.JPG

h59f002b.JPG

It's time a root beer an' a bite at the diner. See ya next time, y'all come back now. Goober sez hey!

:tomato :drinks

"The Diner" should be a sponsor. :popcorn

Bluebird Diner...we ate there once. Pork Chop sandwich... :eek:hyeah

Wow, Mike you're just all over the place this week :skipper

I looks like this little rod is going to be a lot of fun (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Too bad there's no "Waffle House" endorsement! Hey Goob, Keep the good stuff comin"! :dude :good: (y)

Much obliged, fellers! Er'body know there ain't no Waffle House in Mayberry, you gots ta go clear to Shelby for that! :woohoo:
So the glass goes in next, AMT provided a clear set and a light blue set, but that don't look good with our color scheme. The back glass was masked on the outside and sprayed with a very thin mix of Tamiya Clear Red and Tamiya lacquer thinner.

h7d2e7a0.JPG

ha8f757b.JPG

She's starting to come together!

hb64eec7.JPG

Addin' some homemade 'loomium velocity stacks.

hae53410.JPG

Hey Goober, what you say to us droppin' that body on there an' see what we gots?

h72fdb99.JPG

ha201a8e.JPG

Gettin' closer. Goober say hey to yurmommanem!

Last edited:
Too bad there's no "Waffle House" endorsement! Hey Goob, Keep the good stuff comin"! :dude :good: (y)

I love Waffle House! My favorite greasy spoon!

Sensational work on this car man! I am blown away by all the detail; not to mention the smooth color coat.

Some fine work there Mike. I love those headers. (y)
What did you use for the gold paint? Wish my attempts came out like that.

Thanks so much! The headers are modified kit parts with the flanges and bolts made of styrene and aluminum tube collectors. The paint is Tamiya TS-21 Gold rattle can. I did clear over the decals and did a little polishing. More to come.

Hey y'all! Don't tell Aint Bea, but we's wrappin' this up. even iff'n it is Sunday. Chelle came by the garage an' we put her to work boltin' up the headers.

h152a2f4.JPG

h4d5fc2a.JPG

The rest of the mornin' was spent addin' the radiator, grille and wipin' the fingerprints off'n it.

ha97866f.JPG

h207c426.JPG

h982ed51.JPG

h041aea3.JPG

h18007e0.JPG

h256a272.JPG

That about wraps it up gotta go see what's for Sunday dinner. Thanks for ridin' along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLs79Fvcw4o

h55fae72.JPG

Back