• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tide Ride

ij001

Mentioned in my Monte Carlo thread that when I re-started that project I found a Taurus with a 90%
complete rolling chassis and completely unpainted body-shell.

h3fb2f5a.jpg

h67bcd1d.jpg

h4d8f656.jpg

hdf4fe93.jpg

I checked the shell and found it was completely smooth, which means I'd already attended to the mold seams, all it needed was the plastic polishing with a soft cloth and it was ready for masking and priming which I did today. Before doing that, I ran a new black Sharpie around the window seals and roof-brakes.

Hopefully when it's done it will look a little like this...

h0f21281.jpg

Ian.

h85bf50b.jpg

h0d5e416.jpg

Trundling away in the background my 2001 Tide Taurus, ready for it's yellow band.

Ian.

Yep soft edge, eventually free-handed it at low pressure using my wrist as a pivot-point !! The border between the yellow and white doesn't really show which is a shame but it looks fine 'in the flesh'.

Ian.

Decalling has started:

ha8f2b64.jpg

h839c0c4.jpg

he17fe11.jpg

Wet Works decals behaved flawlessly. Will add the car-specific decals to one side tomorrow. Always follow this same decals procedure with my NASCAR projects - Front-roof-rear, leave for a day then car specific one side, leave-it, car specific opposite side and after another break finish with the contingencies, tyres and under the hood if there is one... Why ?, because it makes handling it so much easier if I don't have to worry about that carefully placed sponsor decal sticking to my sausage fingers all the time !!

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, folks. Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back