• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Kingtiger Late Production

tom1815

Ok I have a Dragon Kingtiger late production, this kit I started ages ago and stopped, in fact it was so long a go Im not sure why I packed it away for another time. As it was mentioned that WIP was fine for this campaign I thought I would blow the dust off it and actually finish it but if people think this build is too far along by my pictures I will understand and withdraw.

h278dbca.jpg

hcdcfb67.jpg

hc9f715c.jpg

h02ca568.jpg

hce89726.jpg

h8d85bce.jpg

As I said just let me now if this entry is not really suitable for this campaign, I wont be offended lol :frantic

I was asked about what scheme I was going for on this build, well I hope to copy one of Tony Greenlands amazing creations, now by that I mean I hope to build something close by my standards lol not his!

hd1e1499.jpg

Anyway thats the plan, but the best laid plans of mice and men etc.
:soldier

Finally got wheels and tracks on the beast, I have used "dragons tracks" plenty of times before and never had too many problems with them but these were the worst, it didnt matter how many times I swore at them they just didnt want to stay together :bang head . In the end I settled for just looking ok
h3191a41.jpg

:soldier

Wrapped a little tight on the bottom of the drive sprocket, think heavy and saggy. (y)

Sprayed cammo on my Tiger this morning, not my finest work but to be honest this build was never going to be a show piece, I just wanted to finish it instead of letting it decay on the shelf.

h26c5976.jpg

hd4f4306.jpg

hf421d31.jpg

h455db47.jpg

Now it needs filters, dry brushing etc etc :soldier

Hey Tom I have to agree with you about the tracks. Not much contact area for glue and i've spent several hours getting mine to suit me.
I just colored mine and installed them,man talk about a bear. :bang head They had to look right because i'm not running the skirts.

Later bud
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Hey Tom I have to agree with you about the tracks. Not much contact area for glue and i've spent several hours getting mine to suit me.
I just colored mine and installed them,man talk about a bear. :bang head They had to look right because i'm not running the skirts.

Later bud
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Hi Tony,
I certainly feel your pain on the track issue, what a pain in the butt however its nice to hear it wasnt just me and operator error, you read reviews all the time where they say this kit is a breeze to build etc etc until you open the box and start lol
Take it easy,
Tom.

Back