• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya King Tiger Ardennes Front

Tony lee

Master at Arms
I found one in the stash that I bought off ebay years ago cheap cheap. Kit dates back to 2003.

I thought I could get this one built today(04-16-2017) but all those wheels slowed me down a little besides i'm an old fart.

Small update 04-17-2017

Tracks and a few parts:

You know how band tracks are usually oversized,not these.I placed some road wheels on to stretch them????
out a little before adding the others.The skirts will cover the absence of sag if they don't stretch enough.
The split barrel fit together real well and required very little clean up to remove the seam.

Until today I only knew it was a King/Royal Tiger and by using the smooth mantle that it was a Henschel built some time after a mid production revision.

What do I know but i'll get by with a little help from my friends. :D

Later Folks
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Update

More parts:

Remember when I built this Super Tiger,well guess where I got all the tools and such?

Yep I got them from this King Tiger kit so I spent a lot of time going through all my spare parts boxes looking for replacements.
I found everything but a headlight bracket which I can make so all is good again.

Thanks for looking in.
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Looks GRRRRRRRRREAT! Sorry, couldn't help myself. :blush:

I probably have an extra headlight bracket, can you tell me which one and I'll mail it to you.

(y)

Thanks Mike but no need for that it's just an lazy "L" that goes in a slot the light base sit on.

Later guys
Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Back