• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Easy Pickins"

Steve Ski

Ok, now that I figured out just how easy it is to post pics, here goes. Some of you may have already seen this pig in progress, but for those who haven't, I've started a 200mm dio with 5 figures and two bikes. I know, I know, we all do crazy stuff from time to time, Ha! Actually, I had several Large Scale figures in inventory and just had an itchin to put them all together and make a scene, Normandy style. So, this is what is currently transpiring from that hair brain idea.

R75 Driver, by Reedee's Miniatures.

Verlinden Productions #2427, German Panzergrenadier Machine Gunner, Super Scale 200mm.

Verlinden line #2237, Panzergrenadier, Super Scale 200mm.

Warrior Models' 1/9th US Infantry BAR Gunner, US Ranger.

German motorcycle rider from ReeDees Miniatures

All four German figs in basic positions.

The two bikes, minus the side car bucket.

As you can imagine, the logistics for such a huge base is worth more than the standard consideration, so a new curio cabinet may be in order. Good thing I know a bit of wood butcherin too, HA!

All comments are welcome and thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Might be the new update Windows just installed or the photos were moved ... All I'm getting is little black squares with a X in the middle ... :(

Might be the new update Windows just installed or the photos were moved ... All I'm getting is little black squares with a X in the middle ... :(

Photobucket.... :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

They are down for maintenance, which means they are probably being hacked.

Howdy Yall,

I've been busy making my first attempt at chipping on the R75 sidecar, very tedious work. I'll take my lickins and improve on the Harley, but I'm pretty sure I can tone down some of these over zealous attempts at making it look real. Needless to say, I'm not completely ecstatic about the outcome, but yall feel free to comment. Please don't pull any punches. I'm not afraid to go back and do it again or tone it down if I have to. I've redone many things in the past, I'm still learning to be patient, lol.

At any rate, see what yall think, I'm all ears, and thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Hey Ski,

Good to see you here. Easy Pickin's is coming along well. I have already commented on your excellent figures on other sites a while back. The German motorcycle with sidecar kicks ass, dude. I can't wait to see more.

Cheers,
James

Howdy Yall,

I've been busy making my first attempt at chipping on the R75 sidecar, very tedious work. I'll take my lickins and improve on the Harley, but I'm pretty sure I can tone down some of these over zealous attempts at making it look real. Needless to say, I'm not completely ecstatic about the outcome, but yall feel free to comment. Please don't pull any punches. I'm not afraid to go back and do it again or tone it down if I have to. I've redone many things in the past, I'm still learning to be patient, lol.

At any rate, see what yall think, I'm all ears, and thx for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Excellent job Ski. :v

Thx for the encouragement Guys, keeps me pluggin. I really don't want to rush this one, but Spring has almost sprung up here, dang me!

James Ma Brotha, how ya doing? Good to see you again and thx for the kid words. What's brewin in the O'Leary bunker these days Bro?

I'll be attempting to follow the tutorials Mig has posted on YouTube and I've got Rinaldi's Tank Art #1 and #5 open on the easels in front of my work area. It's gonna be fun, as long as I'm patient, lol.

Thx for watchin Gents. Cheers, Ski.

Back