• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tiger 1 S02, of Das Reich at Kursk

JSteinman

Master at Arms
This is another 48th scale Tiger I I am building for Military Modelcraft International. It will be in the January "Year of the Tiger issue". It is the Tamiya early kit, with some scratch parts and parts from the Initial kit as well as Hauler, Aber, RB, Karaya and Fruil after market goodies. I hope you like it as much as I did building it!

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC4.jpg

Thanks Saul.

Just so everyone can appreciate the scale I add this one final picture with a US quarter dollar.

Thanks for looking.
BC5.jpg

Hi JSteinman,

Awesome... just awesome! :eek:hmy: What a great build in such a small scale... in any scale, to tell ya the truth! That is a heavy and mean looking cat, as MrT has stated. I'm gonna try and specialize in Tigers as my first step into model tank building, so your's is an inspiration in all aspects.
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers and lets have some paint on it, eh! ;)
Fernao

Pretty awesome work, John! I have to say I'm not frequenting the Masters section like I should, so I guess I'd rather see WIP here and finished work under the Masters section. Just my opinion, but I would have missed it otherwise. Thanks for bumping it up, John!!

Here is S02 Finished. There is a complete write-up available in Military Modelcraft International's Year of the Tiger Issue, that went on sale in February. All comments and questions welcomed.

Final%20(2).JPG

Final%20(4).JPG

Final%20(5).JPG

Final%20(8).JPG

Very very cool. I really like the look of the road wheels with the rubber peeled off. Its neats seeing the different caliber rounds entry points. Wish I could get that mag here. (y) (y)
James

JOHN,

Great Tiger !! I have the magazine, great write up !! I love lookin at this Kitty !! Th Impact Marks are Spot-on ! (y) :ro:

I look forward to seeing you in April in Fred-Vegas !

ERIK

Two of the crew. Man 1/48 figs are hard to paint! These guys are from Taiaho, and have been in the stash for a while.

crew.jpg

Beautiful work John and one of my favourite Tigers that you have captured so well. A nice touch with the primer on the stipped road wheels. I have also noticed that your style has changed considerably since your mk4 in german grey a few years back on PA. You used to have a very clean (unweathered)style.

Ian.

Thanks Ian and MP.

I guess we all change over time Ian. I went back and looked at the Pz IV. While it was certainly restrained, it was by no means a clean beast! I try to match the weathering to the research, some time I guess I am more successful than others. :hmmm

Back