• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

3 rd set of German Pilots

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Here is the 3rd installment of German Pilots that I have done for Verlinden Productions. I enjoyed doing these and they were both painted using acrylics. Thanks for looking.

Joe

3rdpilots.jpg

JOE,

These do look really Cool ! What are those things strapped to the Officer's boots ? SOrry, but I know almost nothing about the Aircraft side of things .. Other than They like to get Hit by A.A. !! :woohoo:

Again Great lookin Crew JOE !!

MP is pretty much right...I think they were dye markers set to release if a pilot ditched in the Channel...but i am not 100%

Love these Joe...glad I got to see them at AMPS...these are 1/32 right? Would look great with those new 109s!

The guy pouring coffee is FantaBULOUS! I WANT IT!

sorry, lost control as it is original and beautifully executed.

Regards,

Purely a guess Erik but I think they are either starter carts or flares.

Starter Carts ? Sorry again I'm totally an Igno, when it comes to Plane Jargon ... If they are Flares .. I would think it would be a hazard in th Cockpit to have these strapped to your leg ... What if a stray bullet hit on & set it off ??

Starter Carts ? Sorry again I'm totally an Igno, when it comes to Plane Jargon ... If they are Flares .. I would think it would be a hazard in th Cockpit to have these strapped to your leg ... What if a stray bullet hit on & set it off ??

ever watched 'the flight of the phoenix' with jimmy steward? at the end of the movie he starts the engine with starter carts!

joe, those figures are incredibly good!

Laura,

I just saw th Clip ! Thanx .. WoW !! Now that's a Charge. Still I'd hate to take a bullet in th Boots with those babies strapped to me !!

Ok just did some searching as it was bothering me not to know...and Bob was right...they are spare flare cartridges. The 109 had a pretty cramped office and the 190 was pretty well armored all around too. To answer your question Eric...I think it would have to be a pretty unlucky shot to get hit there, but I am sure it probably happened at some point.

I think it's pretty dangerous if a bullet is rattlin' around in the cockpit anyways.

Starter Carts are basically a blank shot gun shell. I do wonder why he would need so many flares, maybe this guy is a commander and they use the flares for communication or something.

They never used carts in the 109, but they sure are cool when you see them in use. As for the belt on his leg that should be flares and dye markers. Once the ops over the channel done and the air battle was more inland they didnt use them as much.
James

Woo hoo, just found these on ebay. Should look good with a 109. Wonder where you can get 1/32 airfield equipment?
James

Wonder where you can get 1/32 airfield equipment?

Wingz made them but it seems they are now sold by Verlinden Productions:

and:

Also, you may want to look at these guys:

If using a bomb loader, here it is:

If not, then some tools are in order:

Click on the images to shop with 3D Verlinden, it is where I bought my stuff.

Regards,

Thank you all for the kind words. Sorry for the delay.

Hey Saul,

Glad you found the mechanic's, I had not seen the pictures of them yet. I had originally done the one kneeling to be petting one of the pilots dogs while the other guy has caught him but it appears the boss had a better idea for them. :)

Joe

Back