• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My Latest..Welcome to the Freakshow!!

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
Here is my latest figure. It was inspired for my love of Batman and Knight Models came out with such a cool comic joker I just had to have a go at it! The figure and the HaHa!'s are stock and everything else is scratch built. I had originally started sculpting my own HaHa!'s but found these and said these look cool!

I took this to this past Atlanta show and was very surprised and pleased to have won a gold and Best Superhero/Villain award.

Everything was painted with my usual Vallejo's acrylics.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

Awesome! Is that Harley Quinn peeking through the curtain? Would love to see your take on her Joe!

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I apologize for getting back to the forum so late but I have been busy trying to get the next articles ready for the magazine. I truly appreciate the kind words.

Joe

Thanks guys! I thought I had posted this but must have forgotten so here's how I built it.

Here are some pictures of the backdrop. I sculpted it using both Sculpey and AVES. The leg of Harlequin was sculpted with all AVES.

For the backdrop I used a piece of styrene to sculpt it on. Well, here's a lesson to be learned. First Sculpey has to be baked and thus the styrene will melt/warp. Next, Sculpey will shrink and last it's very brittle. So when I went to glue it, it cracked and was hard to sand and correct so I WILL never use it again!! I was using it because it gave me more time to work with but I would have been better off with just doing smaller sections with the AVES.

Beautiful work man! Brilliant job!

I especially like Harly's leg; you made it very shapely. Well done. I could have sworn you snagged it from a kit.

Back