• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some New Stuff and my new painting opportunity.

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
First Thanks Saul and Bob!!

Well, I have been busy and wanted to share some info with you all. As I mentioned before I was asked by Fine Scale Modeler to start doing a monthly installment on figure subjects. This will include any and everything possible and related to figure modeling. It might be painting metal, painting German camo to Civil War Butternut. It will also be open to doing groundwork and painting Fantasy figures.

I spoke with Fine Scale and they are allowing me to share a few pictures of my figures but I am not allowed to share, sorry, any of the SBS's unless I am not talking about it in the magazine article. For example, I just finished a cowboy but can't talk about the leather but could on the shirt and flesh.

They told me the first installemt with be in the January 2016 issue. It has a 2 part on a 120 mm bust from FER Miniatures http://ferminiatures.com/ The SBS's will mostly be just pictures with captions of the process and the palette and color mixes. For the face I sent 60+ pictures and captions. I do know it will be a 3 page article.

Anyway I hope you guys like it and that I might be able to help or share what I know with you and others.

Here are the 2 that I have sent in and I have many more in the process. Also, if there is anything that you might think could be of use for an article please feel free and let me know!

The other figure like I mentioned before a cowboy and painting different types of leather. I went into painting the brown and black leathers but the main focus is painting a light colored leather and weathering it. I know this is a cowboy but the same method could be used on painting a tarp or etc.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Some New Stuff and my new painting oppertunity.

Jaw droppers there Joe! :drinks

WOW :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Congratulations on the Fine scale bit. (y)

Some New Stuff and my new painting oppertunity.

Nice work, Joe and welcome back! :good:

looking good Joe, I'll have to start a subscription to the rag, I was carrying it in the HS but still have all that I placed on the rack, so I'll be able to just get one for myself.

Congrats Joe!
(y)

I will be looking for your articles as I subscribe to FSM. Once they are published I am sure we can ask all kinds of questions.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm really excited to be back doing some miniature work. It's really been fun getting back and having the chance to do all kinds of figures. Here's a quick snapshot of what's to come down the road.

Joe

Congratz JOE!
That news is amazing brother! :yipee

I'll be looking for all the magazines that you feature in! :ro: :ro:
Don't forget to give us the heads up. :good:

Cheers
Art

Just wanted to let whomever was interested that I just received the January issue of Fine Scale. The first installment has 3 pages and around 25 pictures of painting the face.

I was very happy how they set it up. Hopefully it may help someone down the road.

Joe

Hey everyone. I saw this on the Fine Scale website. It's a preview of the magazine. Also, I'm not sure how many of you use your local library but ours carries Fine Scale and because of that it is also available in digital for FREE in the main website of the library. Just search for digital magazines and check it out. Our library uses Zino.

Here's the link to the preview and if you have any suggestions please let me know, thanks!

http://www.finescale.com/videos/issue-previews

Back