• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Swordsman ... I'm Still Here & I'm still Alive

Swordsman

Ok I know I haven't posted or logged on for awhile just have been very busy lately ... Working on a # 1 scale, the House & trying to keep the tax man at bay ... considering closing down Greenville Hobby as I'm not making much progress and most of my Customers are gone ... I miss The Hippy the Most ... anyway long story short ... I also torn down the falling down porch of 20 years ... anyway Here's some photo evidence so you'll know I'm not bluffing ...
:rotf

h4683df7.jpg

he268ce8.jpg

h7498f41.jpg

he827823.jpg

hf469c31.jpg

I can tear stuff up real good .... now after repairs to house I'll build new porch .... :rotf

Then I had to fix the Fascia ... Now I torn the porch up & did the Carpenter work myself ...

h69f6cca.jpg

h8ea9ab1.jpg

h089db4f.jpg

h714c2d6.jpg

h27240c7.jpg

ha8fa9e1.jpg

ha4e3c8d.jpg

That's the Fascia Repair My painter is fixing to paint it .... Now For The Roof ...

hc9b1109.jpg

hac13c7c.jpg

hb938680.jpg

h85909df.jpg

h97cc425.jpg

hbf94086.jpg

h4e6ff2f.jpg

h74c4f6e.jpg

h6a942bc.jpg

hc8cfa0c.jpg

Hey mate good to see you around

OK so that was 2 days work what did you do the rest of the time :evil: :fencing

DAve, fix that ribbon! :smack

Looks good Gerry, I bet it'll keep the house cooler also with the added insulation.

Two days took nearly a week three weeks to get the porch torn down ... I used Twisted barn nails ... :facepalm

Then a week for the fascia repair ... after I fought the Red wasps & Yellow jackets found about 8 -10 nests in that hole ... :bat

Now the roof is coming along great the insulation ... I really wanted but was told by Roofing friend not necessary ... So off it comes ... those square vents are going away also the steel will vent through the ridge cap using vented closures ... so I'll have six less penetrations in the roof ... the Steel R-panels have a radiant barrier the AC has already stopped running as much with just the sunny side finished .... :geek

On top of that the truck has no oil pressure ... and it tried to Kill Me a couple of weeks ago ... I was getting new tires ....

ha6e6a92.jpg

then the rain soaked earth gave away .... epic fail ...

he409fae.jpg

Hippy and I almost started Modelers alliance on a Higher plane as I was under truck seconds before laying on this blanket ... I had just crawled out from under it ... to get a longer jack handle when I put my hands on back bumper and down she went ...

hb2c30e4.jpg

Needless to say I've been doing some quite reflecting ... Thank You Lord ... :good:

I cannot help if a 2 day job takes you 3 weeks hahahaha :tomato

Looks good mate but dont let the truck kill you

Things are looking up still thinking about this for $200 ... and do not pass Go ... I sold The USS BB-35 & a SBD-5 " A CAF Ghost Sqadron Bird " to a member of the CAF Saturday ... He told me to join up and He'd take me Flying on " FiFi Diamond Lil Or The Gunfighter "

hd31f0ca.jpg

h884e2f6.jpg

h0b4e8c6.jpg

Should He Do it ..... :hmmm :idonno :pilot

Ok, I'm going to Have to postpone the joining of the Confederate Air Force as ground crew ... For a bit more. I finished the roof on the house, right after that the land Lord at my shop, comes and tells me she's raising the rent to $500 a month. Well the sales have been dwindling, so I asked if she was going to double the business ... She said no ... So I moved out to my land on the farm. It's been a blow money wise ... New building, naked inside, I moved everything in totes in my wife's car ... Well I was just turning this thing around, and starting to make a comeback, when my Wife got dizzy Wedsneday night ... Stumbled into the car landed on Her rear ... I had trouble getting her up, so off to the hospital. She fractured Her Femur & now has 3 titanium screws holding the ball on ... So it's going to be rough on me for awhile. Things just keep happening ... I didn't get many of my builds(campaigns completed ) ... I'll try to finish the ones that are still open ... I'll be busy next 10 weeks taking care of my wife ... But I'll try to check in every once and a while ...

Wow Gerry! Sorry to hear about your wife!

I had a small bout with the dizzy thing about a year ago. Was sitting at the computer and floor just rolled up and became the wall. (meaning my head went down against the desktop) WAP! Caught me totally off guard. Got it settled finally though it made me quite nauseous before I managed it. Inner ear thing and got it cleared up quick though I did have a second smaller one at work a few days later. That one wasn't as bad. Don't know what would have happened if I had not been sitting down the first time, it came on that fast and hard.

So plenty of :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen to you and your wife my friend!

Thanks Paul really has been a tuff year ...

Yeah, I don't know and the doctors don't know why she got dizzy ... but said the fall was like slow motion possibly like when we would get on the merry go round and have another manic kid push us around as fast as it would go ... then when We got off We would just stumble around with your head spinning ... They have a data recorder planted under Her skin to monitor Her heart ... I'll be glad when this year is over ... It's been a good one ... And what ever you do don't do this ...

ha6e6a92_2017-12-05.jpg

Truck on Jack Stands changing both back tires ....

he409fae_2017-12-05.jpg

Truck on ground after Jack and Jack stand gave away in Muddy driveway ...

hb2c30e4_2017-12-05.jpg

I was under here 5 seconds before the fall ...

Your porch looks like my back deck! I have to do this int he next year I guess, was trying to finish helping my kid get thru college tho' so it looks like it has to wait until 2019

Me too ... I'm not ready to drink a cold one with Ed ... I think that where my depression started ... I miss that Hippy ... Take your time on the porch ... When you tear it down ... don't turn your back on it ....

Back