• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 USCG 110 Ft. Island Class Patrol Boat

Rhino

Super Moderator
On my last visit to the Caribbean, I saw a WPB that was being used by our USCG Guys, and the Bahamian Police force, and I wanted to womp one up. These WPB's are tied up at the San Juan Coast Guard Station.
IMG_1292_28229.jpg

I may not have ID'd the vessel correctly, but the result is an Island-Class 110 footer, in 1/700 waterline form.
I liked this picture as well!
USCG_wpb110_ft__bainbridge_Island_1.jpg

In any case, my deck house is a tad long, and my spray shield, just a mite to high, but She's coming together! :captain
IMG_5302.JPG

The sides of the british-style flying bridge are too thick by 30%, but if I decide to RTV mold these, they can't be too thin, the mold may not pick them out.
IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

When I build Her, for-real, I'll use short sections of P/E ladder for the windscreen on the Flying Bridge. I'm hunting for masts for the 110-footer as well. Thanks for tuning in!! :eek:ldguy :salute

Grand Bahama Harbor. Sentinel Class USCG WPB. So many vessels, so little time. :bang head :drinks :drunk
IMG_1209_281024x76829.jpg

Coming together! I made a bunch of 60 foot fishing boats. No real plan for them. They're much to big to be Orca. :bang head Whaddyagonna do?
IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5313.JPG

I've recieved what I consider to be great gift! :yipee One of the Plastic Surgeons has a friend who served in the USCG, on 110-foot WPB's and a 378-foot WHEC, for 7 years. He generously chose to share some of his personal pictures with me. I'm not sure he really understands how much I appreciate his contribution to this project. I have not been given permission to share his name at this time. I will share a few of his photos! :salute :ro: :notworthy
Gentlemen, I give you USGC Chandeleur WPB-1311!
Under tow.
Chandeleur_TowWS_28427x80029.jpg

Forward detail shot! :coolio
USGC_Island_Class_110_Foot_Forward_Ref__281024x60929.jpg

Mk.38 25mm gun installation
mk38B_28720x54029.jpg

mk38_28720x54029.jpg

A nice day to visit The Ship. (y)
MK38C_28540x72029.jpg

Using the cool recent pictures, I've made some headway on the Foredeck :yipee
IMG_5491.JPG

Ready ammo. lockers, gun platform, a couple of bitty hatches, the anchor windlass pedestal, and the pulley for the anchor chain!
IMG_5494.JPG

YUP! DINKY! It a labor of Honor! :salute
I got some more reference pict's from my USCG Mentor. It seems good & right to share them. Color, even! :zen
Un-reps pick-up from a Rescue Hawk This one's for YOU Tim!!
110bar.jpg

Alongside the Tender. Notice the Portside .50 mount is a twin.
110cu.jpg

Yes Friends, the Caribbean really IS that blue.
110KB.jpg

Handy Bridge detail shot. :good:
110kb2~0.jpg

USCGC Monomoy, Underway, on a calm sea, in no real hurry. See the ready M2 .50's on the corners of the Stern.
110mono.jpg

USCGC Naushon, in Alaskan waters.
110mono.jpg

US Coast Guard Station, San Juan, PR. I can I.D. USCGC Farallon at her berth. Bridge wing .50 caliber guns rigged.
110sanjuan.jpg

Special Thanks to my USCG Mentor!! You are the GREATEST!!

This one is just plain cool!! USCGC Chincoteaque WPB-1320 passes Bastillo san Felipe' del Morro, (I've been there, I got my tri-corn Pirate Hat there!) on Her way home to the San Juan PR USCG Station.
us_coast_guard_cutter_chincoteague_wpb-1320_passes_fort_san_felipe_del_morro.jpg

When Chandeleur is ready, she's the Master for an RTV mold, then cast resin (a bunch!) and then EVERYONE can have one!!

Thanks for the pic. You can never have too many helicopter pictures.
Really love the blue water. I'd love to go there someday and just relax from my hectic work on a vacation!
Aaah, at least I can still dream!

Tim

If you haven't been to La Blue Caribe' :love don't go. She moves into your memories and your heart, and makes living among potatoes, on dry land, almost painful. I miss Her everyday. If I'd never been, I wouldn't know any better. :eek:ldguy :pilot :salute

Back