• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Sub Verlinden Resin 1/32 scale

Swordsman

Ok I thought this thing would never start ... Like I need another Campaign ... Oh Well ... :captain

h5cec3fd.JPG

C.S.S. Hunley Confederate Mini-Sub ... 1/32 Scale 54mm

h3b509d2.JPG

h7267201.JPG

h1f7e7fa.JPG

Start up pics ....

hf1a106e_2015-10-03.jpg

Verlinden Productions Model Pictures .....

C.S.S. Hunley Confederate Mini-Sub 1/32

Thanks Jeff I must get some dust masks and I'll get a start on these looks like I can build both versions ... the waterline will be my 1st water base ... I'd better study up a bit .... (y)

Seems you & I are alike Gerry... :huh: :unsure: Think we are both biting off more than we can chew with all these Campaigns..... :frantic :frantic
I'ma :popcorn :popcorn dis one!! :drinks :eek:ldguy

Thanks Ed ... But know I've got a place to work on mine outside of the house ... the Hunley won't be that hard as it only has about twenty pieces ... and MP is going to be My Technical advisor .... He don't know that Yet ... :v :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Thanks Ed ... But know I've got a place to work on mine outside of the house ... the Hunley won't be that hard as it only has about twenty pieces ... and MP is going to be My Technical advisor .... He don't know that Yet ... :v :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

(y) Git ya some dust masks & remember to wet sand when ya can, That's stuff (resin) is nasty stuff to inhale...

(y) Git ya some dust masks & remember to wet sand when ya can, That's stuff (resin) is nasty stuff to inhale...

Thanks Ed ... I'd better do it in the large Man Cave or even outside ... wet sanding :hmmm ... Thanks Ed ...

Thanks Ed ... I'd better do it in the large Man Cave or even outside ... wet sanding :hmmm ... Thanks Ed ...

Wise idea bud :good:

Yeah when I was cutting out the parts for the Kaman's Koffin ... the smell was quite strong ...

Interesting (in a good way) :popcorn

Ian.

Thanks Ian ... I seem to be finding all the 1st ... this one gives a new meaning to running silent ... also 1st naval combat sinking of a US ship ... :captain via submersible ... (y)

one of the original torpedoes and it?

I was trying to figure that out ... as the whole Boat was the torpedo ... right just after sticking it in the side of the other ship the fuse was armed after pulling away ... Just the Reb's didn't have enough rope ... but they did sink the first ship ... I may need to study painting resin ... never got that far with a resin kit ... and I don't want to mess up as this one was pricey .... :captain

and MP is going to be My Technical advisor .... He don't know that Yet ... :v :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Man that's a moving scale, they keep finding new things about it. Last I heard they finally got all the encrustation off the hull and out of it. Still making discoveries about it, except for why it sunk.

one of the original torpedoes and it?

I was trying to figure that out ... as the whole Boat was the torpedo ... right just after sticking it in the side of the other ship the fuse was armed after pulling away ... Just the Reb's didn't have enough rope ... but they did sink the first ship ... I may need to study painting resin ... never got that far with a resin kit ... and I don't want to mess up as this one was pricey .... :captain

Technically no, the charge on the end of the spar was the torpedo. The boat was, well the boat. Much like the David Class boats. But yes, it's speculated that the Hunley had not backed away enough when the charge went off sinking the Housatonic.

Clean it real good and use primer. The Spirit got a good coat of Mr Surfacer before the silver, I've seen on issues developing since I finished it this year.

:skipper

Oh, also, historically it was not the "C.S.S. Hunley", just Hunley because it was never commissioned in the Confederate Navy, it was still under trials and part of those trials was to actually sink an enemy vessel.

Pretty good sea trails then ... so what happened the snorkel's go under water after the concussion of the blast?? you would think they had some plugs for those ... but this was in the beginnings of the submersibles' ... kind of a grey area ... :captain

and MP is going to be My Technical advisor .... He don't know that Yet ... :v :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Man that's a moving scale, they keep finding new things about it. Last I heard they finally got all the encrustation off the hull and out of it. Still making discoveries about it, except for why it sunk.

All eyes ... Captain as There's lots more you know about it (since your in S.C.) ... I figure from previous conversations ... that You've done a little research and think I saw one of these on your bench ... Still trying to get ahold of that MIR kit as it Has Interior ...

Super interesting...love it!... :popcorn

:drinks

Luiz

thanks Luiz ... :ro: :dude going to get some dust masks today ... and I'll have 2 days off work ... I should get a decent start ... Dave do you have the ribbon ready ??? ... :woohoo:

Back