• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 LCM 3

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I have been playing with this monster for awhile. I plan on sticking it on the back of a truck :D

I hope I'm going in the right direction with the bottom of the hull. I think it would be like the sides. Anyone have good pictures?

LCM.jpg

I've been using .010 X .040 strip and a lot of putty to get the shape
LCM2.jpg

With primer on it you can see the wavy sides.
LCM3.jpg

LCM4.jpg

LCM6.jpg

Still have a long way to go.

Any suggestions welcome.

Looks very good. I think the bottom would be pretty beat up also as they were used to practice the landings and partake in the landings at a few places.
:popcorn
James

Looks very good. I think the bottom would be pretty beat up also as they were used to practice the landings and partake in the landings at a few places.
:popcorn
James

Thanks James, damage and wear and tear I would think would be normal.

Ever have one of those projects that you start and put a side saying I need this or that? I stopped as I was unsure how the bottom of the boat looked. That was three years ago! :facepalm I have been looking for photos in books and the net and never really came up with anything. I went back to the Dragon Wagon book by Ampersand Publishing and best pictures are in there :smack

I pulled this out last week and peeked at it. I've been thinking a lot of it since EagleQuest. I really started on thinking about dragging it out as the weathering on My M48 was about done. One of the points on doing this was the different types of weathering. I was looking forward to doing some navy grays but I hear the LCM's were painted OD for the Rhine crossing. I thought it would look better in gray with the OD truck and trailer. Still a ways off on thinking about paint, but kinda have some ideas to get both.

Last night jumped in and got a pretty good restart.

marked the location for gluing on the .10 by .40 styrene strips

002_zpsc8yqrwge.jpg

stuck on the strips, I used that new Squadron glue and man it made the job a little easier by setting faster and stronger that the Testors glue I had been using.

008_zpspipgyyzz.jpg

then on to smearing the spot putty around, I did such a good job I stunk up the whole house

013_zpsmounhe2i.jpg

014_zpscbktzwjd.jpg

started on the front drop gate - oh I mean the bow ramp :drunk by adding some dents

007_zpsxaskx4u4.jpg

the bow ramp is going to take some clean up

006_zps79r2rrsf.jpg

006_zps79r2rrsf.jpg

004_zpsuwvufc3r.jpg

I found some cracking on the sides that will need fixing

003_zpsonv4bjem.jpg

This is a really cool project. Have seen several pictures of the dragon wagon carrying these, just astonishing that it worked!

Keep on trucking!

Mike

Dear Jeff.

Fantastic job on the hull/frames...really love it (extremely creative :eek:ldguy ) :good:

Regards.

Luiz.

Back