• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M-998

maus

Going to build this straight out of the box. There are two option US Army and USMC with only two paint options identified dessert (1991) or NATO. I think I will do the USMC NATO version.

h75bee68_2017-10-22.jpg

So far the kit is has been a easy build, unfortunately there is a lot of injection pin markings on the under carriage and on the inside of the vehicle. I am hoping the seats and floorboards cover up most of the top side pin marks. Putty and weathering will hopefully take care of the one below.

James

hcc6cb7e.jpg

h20474db.jpg

Thanks,

It has been a while since I submitted anything and just realized my error. Thanks.
When I uploaded the last two photo's for some reason my photos were turned upside down, not sure why but it has happened in the past.

James

I should have posted this back in Oct but didn't have time before I went on a business trip.
The kit is coming together pretty quickly, some small fit issues but nothing sanding and putty can't fix.

h39a7533.jpg

I have to modify the exhaust as according to my references the exhaust is alongside the vehicle where if unmodified the exhaust would be sticking out a couple of feet from the side.

hfb0cc13.jpg

Everything dry fitted.

h252cbf8.jpg

A little surprised with dashboard, but when I checked the ones from my Tamiya and Italeri kits the dashboard is the same, so same molds or something isn't right, as it doesn't look like the photo reference I found.

hdb11163.jpg

h62d23e3.jpg

h299d6a5.jpg

Cheers
James

Had to purchase a new air compressor in order to finish the paint scheme. The roof is just sitting in place. Time to add the windows and troop seats in the back.

James

h9f92ec2.jpg

h68e55e2.jpg

Finally got some energy and interest in working on the HUMVEE. The roof is only sitting in place and I still have to add the main window and headlights. For some reason the kit does not provide clear plastic for the side windows, so with the advice of James K. I attempted to scratch build the plastic style windows that is normally associated with soft doors and cover. I used thin plastic wrap with a thinned yellow wash. I think it turned out ok for the effect I wanted. Hoping to get into washes and weather within the next week.

James

h2a672c0.jpg

hf6c4b8a.jpg

Back