• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M1114 Uparmoured Heavy Tactical Vehicle

jknaus

Administrator
My start pics

DSC07056.JPG

DSC07054.JPG

`
James

Got some of the chassis done. I think up to step 3 now. Good start to it. A lot of nasty ejection marks in some bad places. Unfortunately I missed a couple and the rear suspension was not afixed properly. The marks were huge in the front and once I realized they were not part of the kit and trimmed I managed to get both fore and aft suspensions glued on properly. The exhaust pipe has a dimple at the end so I had to deepen it with a moto tool and ball bit.

DSC07057.JPG

DSC07058.JPG

DSC07059.JPG

James

Chassiss complete. Hate having to shave nuts and bolts to add to the springs but it is done and not bad. Starting on the interior. Unfortunately the seats suck big time. I'm ordering some new seats with the armour that look much better. So will look at the next stage while I wait.

Some pics

DSC07069.JPG

DSC07070.JPG

And a whine. How can a kit in this day and age come with such nasty extrusions and markings. The front dash and widow is full of them. The undercarriage was worse. Really annoying especially as it is going to be easy to delete some detail. Also why mold the windshield wipers on? You have a spring mount with itsy bitsy nuts and bolts that you shave from a sprue and glue on. But wipers are molded in. Another annoyance.
Oh well onwards and upwards.
DSC07073.JPG

Thanks guys.
Okay another day home sick but I did do some modeling so that's a plus. The seats by Live Resin are awesome. Nicely detailed. It took a little puzzling but got them together and have them dry fitted to the body. Next is painting them and the seat cushions are ready to paint also.
Now the bad news. The turret mount from Live Resin does not fit. Its bigger and personally looks more correct than the kit piece, but it also does not sit where the hole is . I then checked to see if I could just use the turret with the kit mount. Nope, its bigger and there would be nothing left of the mount if I resized it. So it looks like I wasted my money and will use the original turret. Will drop Live Resin a line asking why they say fits all kits when it doesn't. Unfortunately I found no reviews that pointed this out either.

hf953601.JPG

ha80cf4f.JPG

hbf0ecbb.JPG

hbfa88c0.JPG

h51c5abf.JPG

Feeling much better, back to work tomorrow. Its supposed to fit any kit so I'm a bitmiffed it doesnt. Oh well stock looks cool also. Chassis and wheels to paint and turret to build.

Back