• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Models World War Toons Sherman M4A1 COMPLETE!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Okay, I think I'm officially hooked on the Meng Models World War Toons series. They are fun to build and have SO many possibilities, I can't say enough good things about them. This is the Sherman M4A1 that I plan to get a little crazy with the paint job on.

hcc14ad0.JPG

Here's what's in the box!

hcb3c07a.JPG

ha67882c.JPG

h1d11598.JPG

h8ab3266.JPG

h235322a.JPG

Parts are cleanly molded and fit with little cleanup and the tracks are joined right out of the box. :)

I borrowed a couple building suggestions from the internet, I think they added a lot.

he7c2381.JPG

h2ba8064.JPG

I removed the molded grab handle and made one from copper wire. I added some bolts from my Meng nuts and bolts sheet, I love those things!

hf56723a.JPG

One thing that's missing from the kit is the row of bolts on the front hull, so I added a strip of styrene and more bolts. Before anyone says anything, I misaligned them some on purpose. Hey, it's a toon!

h509cb7c.JPG

This is the afternoon's results.

h1dd860d.JPG

h0cf1f3d.JPG

hb5e5dfd.JPG

I added some casting texture with Mr Surfacer 500, looking forward to the primer!

Thanks for dropping by, grab a brew, it don't cost nothin'.

:drinks

Meng Models World War Toons Sherman M4A1

It is nice to see what the kit looks like. I like what you are adding to it.

Looks like fun.

Cheers,
James

LOL! An "egg" tank! I love it! Looks like you're having fun with it. I'm following this one for sure.

Very cool! I can think of all kinds of things to do to it.

(y)

Looks like Mike is having fun . Go Mike !

Cheers, Christian B)

These models are so much Fun, My funny-bones ache!!
:rotf
:yipee
:good:
:v

Thanks guys! What a fun little kit! :frantic

Many thanks, my friends. Photos? Can't post photos and be at the bench too. :coolio So I had said the paint job was going to be crazy, I'm crazy for doing it! Base coat of Tamiya Olive drab, hand painted tiger (shark) mouth.

hdb48350.JPG

Much touchup required, that depth perception thing again! :pinch: :blink

h7c0b567.JPG

ha8fa522.JPG

Think it's time for some liquid creativity enhancer. Thanks for coming by.

:drinks

Way to go Mike! Lay your own track.

(y)

Back