• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Decal not opaque

Robertp

The bar on the blue band is not opaque. What is the solution (what should I have done) for this problem? The decals where after market.
h53be4ef.JPG

Echoing Bob, but if you didn't know it was opaque that's a moot point. I guess the best thing to do if you want it brighter is to mask around the decal and paint it red to match the 1. Or just hope that a dullcoat over the model would meld things together and make the shade difference less noticeable.
James

PS nice paint job, I like it.

I did not know this was going to happen. I am really not sure how to continue in future builds if the background color is dark. Maybe it was just this after market maker. Thanks for the complement jknaus. I just got back into modelling after many years. Interestingly, my double action airbrush skills are still good. Everything else is really bad (construction, decals, etc.)

Moonpup had a similar experience with a decal maker, he wrote to them and got a second set to apply over the first set. Might be a possible solution?

They did, after a bit of a fight back and forth. Problem with that decal was it was printed wrong. The layers were backwards.

Robert I've sort of planned on the decal not being opaque on anything.

Well I learned something and hopefully it well help someone else. Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Back