Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: kate interior color

kate interior color 17 Sep 2017 07:11 #1

Hey guys, what is the correct interior color for the Nakajima Kate torpedo bomber?
  • iambrb
  • iambrb
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2017 07:12 by iambrb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

kate interior color 17 Sep 2017 08:44 #2

Interior green, going to be inside so no one can tell if it's the absolute correct shade, tone and hue of a 80 year old aircraft no one has seen. :mpup

www.j-aircraft.com/faq/aircraft_interiors.htm
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

kate interior color 17 Sep 2017 09:29 #3

Colors for Japanese aircraft are as much of a minefield as German and like Bob said even if it's wrong who's going to prove it. If you want to exhaust your resources check with the guys over at the J-aircraft forums J-Aircraft
  • Old Dog
  • Old Dog
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain

kate interior color 18 Sep 2017 01:11 #4

As I understand it the Japanese regs where much less specific then other countries. Interiors where "green". So what ended up happening was every manufacturer used their own version. Nakajima interior green is different then Mitsubishi interior green and on an on. Same applied to exterior colors. The one thing that is about as certain as anything though is that the Cockpits were not atoke.

If you really care about getting close to accuracy the white ensign colorcoats are thoroughly researched. Mr. Color also has nakajima and Mitsubishi specific colors.

But like these guys all said, if you are not super picky, Tamiya interior green is close enough. It was released to go with their 1/32 zero.

HTH
Mike
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds