Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Airbrushing Question

Airbrushing Question 18 Aug 2017 17:02 #25

When I finish with my compressor, I open the valve at the bottom of the tank and let all the air blow out along with whatever moisture built up inside. I also keep the compressor running for a few more minutes to keep blowing the air and moisture out. Once it stops spitting I turn off the compressor. After turning off the compressor I leave the valve open until my next airbrush session.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Airbrushing Question 18 Aug 2017 17:09 #26

I'm an old Divemaster and have been out of the game for years, but as I remember, it was a visual inspection (with stamp) every year and hydro'd every 5 years with impression in the metal. I don't recall any chemical drying of the air, it was highly filtered for impurities (plenty of stories of CO poisoning from bad practices) and filled while the tank was in water to keep it cool.

If someone brought in an empty tank, it had to be visually inspected again (internally) before filling. If you came back below 300 PSI, there was usually some questions because you were either had a good story or were generally a bad diver and most businesses want to know which.
  • ausf
  • ausf
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
What, me worry?

Airbrushing Question 18 Aug 2017 17:30 #27

:smackausf wrote:
I'm an old Divemaster and have been out of the game for years, but as I remember, it was a visual inspection (with stamp) every year and hydro'd every 5 years with impression in the metal. I don't recall any chemical drying of the air, it was highly filtered for impurities (plenty of stories of CO poisoning from bad practices) and filled while the tank was in water to keep it cool.

If someone brought in an empty tank, it had to be visually inspected again (internally) before filling. If you came back below 300 PSI, there was usually some questions because you were either had a good story or were generally a bad diver and most businesses want to know which.

The dive club at MacDill used desiccant filters for the final filtering step to remove any possible moisture . I don't know that the run of the mill dive shops had those.

I believe you are correct about the one year/five year inspection you mentioned . It's been a long time :idonno My bad
and I don't have the ability to wave my dive master credentials...

Still , there is a reason for that yearly inspection inspection . Totally dry air does not cause corrosion .
I can vouch from the cottonmouth effect of not having moisture in the compressed air .

By the way, compressed gas tanks is the absolute fix for moisture issues

Cheers, Christian B)

Last Edit: 18 Aug 2017 17:41 by phantom II.
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds