• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 111 question

sharkman

Master at Arms
To all of you knowledgeable Luftwaffe people,

If one wanted to make a 1/48 He 111 H-16 version, I'm wondering if it would be easier to start with a Monogram H-4/6 and update it or back date an H-22??

You would need to start with the H-4 as the H-22 had the turret, The canopy in the H-22 kit is the same as the H-4, which is incorrect for the H-16, if you can find a Koster Vac set for the HE 111 it has all the parts you need.

Squadron has the proper vacs for the clear parts. You'll also need the proper exhausts and props, plus gunning-up the various late-model upgrading. Lots of good H-16 schemes available!

Thanks guys!!

i figure my chances of finding the Koster kit will be like finding a Faberge egg in my basement!

I've decided to get the H22 kit and replace the fuse with my H4/H5 kit. That way I'll have the wide bladed props and the early exhausts. Then I'll just have to get the Squadron canopy set for the upper canopy.

I was informed by a friend of mine at my club of a very interesting and unique scheme that I've decided I have to build!

Back