• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shell calibres in Tamiya 35004 Tank Crew set?

Tankbuilder

There are four pieces of ammo in the 35004 Tamiya Tank Crew set. One piece is a clip with 4 shells. I guess those are 40mm. Is that right?

There's a small single shell that i gues is 37mm. Is that right?

There's another single shell that I think is a 75mm shell. Is that correct?

Finally there's the largest shell. To me it looks different than the 75mm shell but doesn't look big enough to be a 76mm shell.

Do any of you know what calibres these four pieces of ammo are supposed to be?

Thanks and cheers from peter

I tried to fins some info for you but I couldn't dig it up .... I was even on Tamiya's page ..... the kit isn't listed there ..... Don't worry there are some tank builders out there ..... Me I've just started into the Dark side ...... Myself ..... :eek:ldguy

I think it's made for the tamiya Duster originally so it will for sure be a bofors 40mm clip, the other ones I don't know sherman ammo?

Well I was pretty sure the clip of ammo was 40mm Bofors and that the smallest shell was 37mm USA. The two larger shells are what I'm wondering about.

One large shell oooks to be 75mm Sherman but there's a slightly bigger one too. I'm wondering if that largest shell is for a long barrel 75mm Sherman?

If the largest shell isn't 75mm then what is it?

Cheers from Peter

Back