• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

25 Years on - Gulf War I

ij001

16 January 2016 marks the 25th Anniversary of the (first) Gulf War.

Just wondered if any folks here would be interested in a Campaign to remember the events of 16th January - 26th February 1991, (celebrate isn't a word I'd use, lost a couple of friends there).

Over to you guys.

Ian.

I have a few that will fit the bill Get a Poll up mate Its one we should have done a loooong time back already :drinks

Hell Bob, You are absolutely right. War is hell and time lies when you are getting older. I wonder if they have a 32 scale MOPP suit? :drunk

Got some rules & times in mind.
Will be at my computer in about an hour.
Standby please.

Ian.

OK here's some details if it gets enough votes - still open to discussion & flexibility.

1 - INCLUDED Any subject, any scale that appeared in the 1991 Gulf War, both the build-up and the immediate post war 'police actions'. There's plenty of choice here folks please don't try to bend the rules simply to match what's in the stash, OK ??

2 - START-UP & DURATION Start time, ideally 28th February (2016) as this was the day that Pres. Bush declared the Cease Fire (I believe if we're remembering a particular conflict, the end of that conflict is more appropriate than the beginning, but that's just an opinion). Simply to make things neat & tidy I would suggest it runs to the end of the year 31st December this gives us ten whole months, more than enough time.

Thanks Terry for getting the poll up, I posted this initially simply to gauge reaction, however it seems to have quickly caught-on. I would respectfully remind folks that the 1991 Gulf War was an INTERNATIONAL conflict so can we keep that in mind when choosing our projects.

Thanks folks.

Ian.

My wife bought me a Tamiya M60 a while back that I need to build that would be perfect for this. I'll refrain from voting and just give a tentative yes on this, mostly because I already have too much in work and have no idea where I will be with my other campaign builds at that time.

Back