• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Red Cappuccello

gioazz

Ciao a tutti,

Please find my very first attempt @ doing a non military figure.

Is a little gem sculpted by the very talented Maurizio Bruno and is about 3,5 cm tall at the eyes.

Hope you like it!

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1640web.jpg

DSC_1637web.jpg

Really SCARY looking,right from someones nightmare....BUT O SO PRETTY!!! (y) (y) (y)

That blood on the knive,is it moulded on?Seems a very fragile part if so!
Just love it!

Greetings,Ron.

That Gio is just superb

I love the blending on the blues dress :notworthy

but tell me about the reds and how you kept them so vivid with the shading and highlighting

says Andy pulling up and chair and leaning close to listen :popcorn

Thanks so much guys!

@Ron: the blood is made with tiny little fibers of my fiberglass pen, then I covered the fibers tips with whiteglue.

The blood has been made with Tamiya X7 clear red mixed with black.

@ Andy: the red has been made with a base of black, then I sprayed lights coats of black mixed with basic red, and I kept adding more red.

Once done I've started to add scarlet red and I've finished with napoleonic orange. As for the shadows, I've made adjustment with basic red plus Napoleonic green and at the very end black.

The trick, as far as I do, is to start witha very dark colour and work your way up to the shade of red you like the most!

Hope this helps.

Giovanni

that's awesome! kudos giovanni!

your vignette reminds me of the legendary 'yano73' (aka 'capucetto rosso') cozmic tape i own and love so much! thanks for refreshing those memories ...

Thanks so much, was a real fun project, and i loved it.

Laura, I never heard of yano73, I'll have a look and check what is all about!

I'm happy you liked it.

Ciao

Giovanni

Back