• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished: My very first AFV's modelling attempt

gioazz

Hi all, I've finally finished my M13/40, has been a great experience and I've enjoied every single minute of it!

I'm sure there are many mstakes and is not the prettiest one ever, but I'm happy with the result, maybe I should change the antenna that seems to thick, what you think?

Pictures, still not great and look too much saturated as well, will learn this too and will get a white background as well..

Please le me have your comments/suggestions, and tanks so much for the support so far.

Ciao

Giovanni

dsc_0049_20100524_1597113651.jpg

dsc_0050_20100524_1763688943.jpg

dsc_0051_20100524_1251072569.jpg

dsc_0052_20100524_1154351058.jpg

dsc_0053_20100524_1081932048.jpg

dsc_0054_20100524_2081645225.jpg

dsc_0055_20100524_1771879408.jpg

dsc_0056_20100524_1816920766.jpg

dsc_0057_20100524_1559711483.jpg

dsc_0060_20100524_1888910483.jpg

Wow, this came out very nice as your first attempt. Very nice effort, and a very nice finish. Hopefully it won't be your last as this came out quite good (y)
Steven

Hi Giovanni.

I must say that for a first tank, you have done an absolutley awsome job. And when you consider the kit you had to work with, it is even more awsome. And as I was looking at this, I was wondering what you could do if you were to get a hold of one of the newer Dragon or Tamiya kits.

Gary B)

Steven, Tom, Mike, James, Massimo, Gary,

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your comments and support.

I really like modelling tanks, I couldn't imagine how much!!!

@ James, yes, the kit is not the best ever, I suppose, neither correct, but with a little of scratch and many AM, has came out decent. Also has been a great learning curve for me!

I've now 2 other tanks to build, one from AFV and the other from Tasca, both seem very well done and are quite new products as well.

I'll let you know which one I'll start first, but have to finish a figure now, that I've started while ago!

Ciao

Giovanni

Hello Peter,

the Kit is the re-issued tamiya kit with the Model Victoria Turret, aftermarket set from Royal model (really few bits used...)Friulmodel tracks and some scratch.
I made it as a first series M13740,while the Tamiya is more similar to a M14/40, so a lot of books ahd to be read!

Hi Sniper, Thanks so much for your words, I really like your build as well, what a great subject!

Ciao

Giovanni

Are you sure you've never built an armored vehicle before? That thing is just beautiful. Lots of time and detail involved there. I do like it.

tigertanktoo wrote:
Are you sure you've never built an armored vehicle before? That thing is just beautiful. Lots of time and detail involved there. I do like it.

Hi tigertanktoo,

thanks so much for your kind words, and your nice comments.

yes, my first ever tank, I agree when you say lot of time involved, it took me ages!!! :)

Ciao

Giovanni

Giovanni, Molto buono!!!

For your first attempt you did a fantastic job! Like the guys said I hope this is not your last and I look forward to seen more of your work here.

Ciao ciao

dave

Dave Diaz wrote:
Giovanni, Molto buono!!!

For your first attempt you did a fantastic job! Like the guys said I hope this is not your last and I look forward to seen more of your work here.

Ciao ciao

dave

Ciao Dave,

Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm really enjoying AFV's and I've already planned more, just the time is not helping...also I need to share this love with the love of figures...

Ciao

Giovanni

jose luis lopez wrote:
Your first one????

My congratulations, my friend!!

Really nice and attractive!

Hi Jose Luis,

Thanks so much!

Hope to keep the same pace for the next one!

Ciao

Giovanni

Back