• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

US MARINE AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN PACIFIC 1945

gioazz

Hi All,

I've just completed my last figre, because of work and no time, it took more than 4 months to finish it.

Is the US Marine from Soldier, this cast was better than the Ranger, I've posted while ago.

Please let me know what you think, any comment is more than welcome.

I hope you like it.

Ciao

Giovanni

dscn0570_20100303_1515094276.jpg

dscn0729_20100303_1382564140.jpg

dscn0736_20100303_1983924884.jpg

dscn0733_20100303_1832687081.jpg

\
dscn0731_20100303_1771653568.jpg

Re:US MARINE AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN IWO JIMA 1945

excellent Giovanni, It's good reference for those of us in the "Marines" group build.

Hi ted,

Thanks so much for your words.

Is there a marine group build? I did not see it! Shame on me I wanted to partecipate!

Ciao

Giovanni

Spledid stuff Giovanni Love the face (oils????) and uniform low and highlighting is especially good.

One point to make if I may, the metal on the machine gun looks a bit too shiney and you might want to tone it down just a touch,...but thats only as I see it !

best wishes

Andy

andyfettes wrote:
Spledid stuff Giovanni Love the face (oils????) and uniform low and highlighting is especially good.

One point to make if I may, the metal on the machine gun looks a bit too shiney and you might want to tone it down just a touch,...but thats only as I see it !

best wishes

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comments.

Face is oil the close up seems a little shiney and oily because the pics was taken when the paint was still wet.

As for the metal on the machine gun , you are probably right, I used Gunze smoke, tamiya clear blu oil washes and silver, and in these pics seems shiney.

I'll have another oil wash to tone it down.

Thanks so much

Giovanni

Giovanni, Andy addressed what I was not going to say anything about, I really like the uniform and the Marine himself. Laura has been trying teach me how to paint figures, she's done a great job at it, I can really see the point she is making to me about the shadows and highlights that need to be done. There really is a lot of contrast there.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Giovanni, the "Marines" group build just started two days ago. I expect you could still join. I'm joining with some tiny figures.

Again, this figure you finished is inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Ted

I think the face is excellent but did you do the uniforms in oils too? If so I think Im going to have to join up on the Laura /Moon Puppy adventure.I can see such subtle tones something I cant acheive with acrylics alone.

Andy

moon puppy wrote:
Giovanni, Andy addressed what I was not going to say anything about, I really like the uniform and the Marine himself. Laura has been trying teach me how to paint figures, she's done a great job at it, I can really see the point she is making to me about the shadows and highlights that need to be done. There really is a lot of contrast there.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Is a pleasure to share with you guys, and I've been following the post you and Laura are doing, and is a great thing. Let me give you one suggestion, if you can, find a wheel colour, the one you can find in artist's shop, is really useful.

For instance you may learn (as I did) that you can use violet tones to shadow the green.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Ciao e grazie

Giovanni

Ted wrote:
Giovanni, the "Marines" group build just started two days ago. I expect you could still join. I'm joining with some tiny figures.

Again, this figure you finished is inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Ted

I've just seen it, unfortunately the only "Marines" I have is this one..

Thanks for your kind words.

Ciao

Giovanni

andyfettes wrote:
I think the face is excellent but did you do the uniforms in oils too? If so I think Im going to have to join up on the Laura /Moon Puppy adventure.I can see such subtle tones something I cant acheive with acrylics alone.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I did the uniform in acrylics, face, leathers, plant and wood in oils, metallic in oils and printer's ink.
If you want to know anything, please let me know, I'll be happy to help.
Ciao
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

The marine looks great .oustanding workmanship

I like how his boots are in the sand .

Very nice

Michael

gioazz wrote:
andyfettes wrote:

Andy

Hi Andy,

I did the uniform in acrylics, face, leathers, plant and wood in oils, metallic in oils and printer's ink.
Ciao
Giovanni

When you have time maybe you could do a Step by Step for us. PLEASE!! :woohoo:

moon puppy wrote:
gioazz wrote:
andyfettes wrote:

Andy

Hi Andy,

Ciao
Giovanni

When you have time maybe you could do a Step by Step for us. PLEASE!! :woohoo:

I sure can, of this piece I've lots of pictures, I've planned to do a SBS on my newly created blog http://giovannimodelling.blogspot.com/ but time is the issue.

If you want to know something in particular I can make one here for you and whoever is interested.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Ciao

Giovanni

Back