• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"FROM A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I propose a science fiction spacecraft build. They can be kits, kitbashs, or scratch built, but they must be spacecraft. You can finish a model you have already started. It can be a fighter or a ship of the line. It must fly so no jet or rocket assist robots. If you are using a Macross transforming battltoid it must be presented in full flight mode. Star Wars, Star Trek, Battleship Yamato, Macross, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Gundam, Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet, Buck Rogers, or out of the dark recesses of your on mind as long as it is sci-fi and a spacecraft it will be good to go. Anything goes...if you want nazi X-wing go for it.

I don't think this needs to start right away. People will need a chance to think of something to do. We need lots of geek discussion and brain storming before we start. I don't think this should start before spring 2016 and it should last a year so the scratch builders have time to work. If you have kids/young people you know this will be the perfect way to get them envolved.

Let slip the bonds of this world and "Go Where No Man Has Gone Before"

What do you think?

Terry

Even though I am trying to not commit to anymore Campaigns...this is one I WOULD do!

Oh yeah I'm already thinking scratch build..... Something organic and living. ( laughs in best evil mad scientist voice... Which can only be heard in the dark recesses of space)

Even though I am trying to not commit to anymore Campaigns...this is one I WOULD do!

You know no one is compelled to finish any of these campaigns. You do the ones that interest you the most so if you would rather do this then do this one. We don't keep score on how many models you complete unless you don't finish any you start then we will make fun of you. :rotf

Now is the time to brainstorm and bounce around ideas and have some fun.

B)

You know no one is compelled to finish any of these campaigns. You do the ones that interest you the most so if you would rather do this then do this one. We don't keep score on how many models you complete unless you don't finish any you start then we will make fun of you. :rotf

Now is the time to brainstorm and bounce around ideas and have some fun.

B)

I know and understand - oh and thanks for saying that - I just try not to overcommit, that is rude!

I dug thru my unfinished stash last night & I have some neat stuff....so trying to work in that plus what I have committed to!

h44f6fb9.jpg

I have plenty of stuff for this. It is just deciding what I will have time for. I have a large Jupiter 2, 1/350 scale NCC-1701 refit and NX-01, as well as a bunch of 1/1000 scale Trek kits and some Warhammer 40k. Spacecraft or flying, I have plenty of choices, just not plenty of time so I will have to be choosy. :hmmm

I have plenty of stuff for this. It is just deciding what I will have time for. I have a large Jupiter 2, 1/350 scale NCC-1701 refit and NX-01, as well as a bunch of 1/1000 scale Trek kits and some Warhammer 40k. Spacecraft or flying, I have plenty of choices, just not plenty of time so I will have to be choosy. :hmmm

Same here...plenty of things to do.

:hmmm

Bob, I know what you're saying about not needing to complete any campaigns, but it would be nice to finish some of them! I can try this one out as I have a few Star Trek kits, and maybe some others to choose from. I still need to finish a few more though, including two I have to send to Second Chance.

I got nuthin'....but for this I will find something!

SPACECRAFT...no Imperial walkers or Gundams or any of that rot, right?

It must be spacecraft not flying robots in space. If they convert to a flying spacecraft the must be built that way. See first post.

B)

I know I certainly do!! several Star Trek kits.... 1/350 1701, 1/1000 & 1/2500 Enterprises :frantic :frantic Hep me Mr. Wizard!!

It must be spacecraft not flying robots in space. If they convert to a flying spacecraft the must be built that way. See first post.

B)
Gundams dont convert they fly just like they are and yes most is supposed to be spaceworthy. Macros convert.

GUNDAMS FIGHTING IN SPACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCIuK9dB2U

B)
Gundams dont convert they fly just like they are and yes most is supposed to be spaceworthy. Macros convert.

GUNDAMS FIGHTING IN SPACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCIuK9dB2U

Please excuse my ingnorance on that subject. Gundams are out then.

B)

Spacecraft on the order of this......

hf0fa150.jpg

h395b775.jpg

h93aee90.jpg

h32cc350.jpg

hf1f53a1.jpg

h38c862c.jpg

or some scratch/bashed version.

B)

Back