• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never worked with resin or white metal...

Resin, you can pretty much treat like plastic.

For white metal I would prime with something like Mr. Surfacer or auto primer.

HTH, Tom

Biggest thing with resin is to wash it in soap and water to remove any release agent. Also use a mask when cutting or sanding as this stuff is very carcinogenic. And prime both for better paint adhesion. To glue either of those use crazy glue like Gator Glue or 5 minute epoxy. The epoxy will have more strength.
James

What these fine gents have said. Wash it good- the latex moulds for these parts get a good spray of release agent. Simple Green is great for it. A primer doesn't hurt- and let it set for a day or so. Resin offers great rewards, but demands a little extra lovin' in return. Ask me how I know! ;)

chuk

Thank you all!

I have never enjoyed re-inventing the wheel... though Uncle Sugar seemed to enjoy the process! :soldier

Are there any tricks to painting resin or white metal?

Getting them to stick to other parts ??? :rotf Sorry Barney . Not my strongest subject :coolio

The cleaning and priming are good points . Maybe a light sanding at attaching points if possible ( wouldn't hurt ) .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back