• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SS Panzer Officer Normandy 1944 - Young Miniatures

Burton

Hi to all,

I'm going to try to paint a 1/10 bust by Young Miniatures. I usually work in 1/35 so this will be my challenge.

I'm used to painting with acrylics but for the facial parts I'm still in doubt. Should I use oils for this scale or will acrylics do the

job ? Is there anyone who has experience with those two mediums in this scale ?

I want to dedicate this to my father who introduced me to military modelling long time ago and passed away last week.

Here's to you, Dad.

Frank.

Start.jpg

First of all;sorry to hear about losing your father,Frank.
May he rest in peace.

Think this is going to be a cool project!
There are several people around here that can help you on the paint question.I guess soon they will 'come to the rescue'! ;)

I really looking forward to this one!
Groeten,Ron.

Thank you Ron.

Did anyone notice that the little death's-head on the officer's cap is missing? I noticed this when I was taking the pictures. I

thought it would be a photo-echted item but when I looked for pictures of this bust on the web, normally it is cast in.

Although politically correct I'm sure, I'm not into politics, I'm into modelling.

WHO TOOK MY DEATH'S-HEAD :angry: AND I WON'T ASK TWICE !!!!

Not a good start.

;)

Frank

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Frank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good figure (y) and as as far as the DH is concerned maybe contact Youngs minatures directly and ask for a replacement part
or you could sculpt your own especially in that scale

Cant wait to see progress

Yeah....that s*cks!

Maybe you can use a photo-etch part or a dry-transfer for that,...don't know if there is something for that in that scale. :unsure:
Other wise; forget about the cap and try to sculpt a hair-do for 'Frits'.

Good luck,Frank.

Greetings,Ron.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Frank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Andy. It is a great loss.

Good figure and as as far as the DH is concerned maybe contact Youngs minatures directly and ask for a replacement part
or you could sculpt your own especially in that scale

It will try to contact Young Miniatures and ask for a replacement part but who did it ? You can also see on the boxart that it's been blacked out!

;)

Frank

Yeah was going to ask
1 where did you get the bust ?
2 Is the box art blotted out by marker pen
3 or is it or does it look incorporated into the art ?

1- From a webshop in Germany called 'Der Sockelshop'.
1- Definitely
3- No, it doesn't look that way.

I already sent an e-mail to Young Miniatures asking them what is going on. Maybe it is prohibited by law to sell

things with ss-markings on it in Germany, I don't know. I understand that the box art is censored but why they censored the cap

itself remains a mystery to me.

:hmmm :idonno

1- From a webshop in Germany called 'Der Sockelshop'.

Well then it makes sence.In Germany there are laws on showing Nazi symbols.

Ones got a kit from Germany with SS runes decals....they where obscured by black paintmarker! :(

Sorry to hear about your father, I'm sure he would have been honored to see you doing this project for him!
To bad about that DH, maybe there is someway you can get a replacement, i really hope it!
//Mats

Found this on the Sockelshop Website:

Dear customers,

The dispatch of models and equipment for the military model construction at our shop is in accordance with §86 StGB, which says, that the usage and the distribution of badges and signs from unconstitutional organisation are prohibited under penalty. We operate our own company with a vehement rejection of any kind of Nazi symbols and dissociate ourselves from Nazi ideas.

If you purchase our products, please note, that we are obliged to deface or remove each banned symbol such as swastikas, SS runes or other forbidden insignia to ensure this law.

If such symbols are found at the Model itself or on decals, they will be either removed or defaced by us. Usually, these "denazification" has been already done by the importers of this products, if this products are imported from abroad.

This action does not damage the product and is within the meaning of German law. To lodge a claim for compensation for this reason is excluded.

Mystery solved.

Solution not yet found

:(

Frank

I thought it had to do something with these *%$**^# German laws,that s*cks for sure!

When you go to German modelshows you will notice EVERY Nazi symbol is obscured!

My condolences on your loss Frank. Its a tough thing. I look forward to what you will do on this bust.
James

I think in that case you need to contact Sockleshop and explain that the DH was not present within the kit and see what they say about a replacement

Fellow modellers,

I have some great news. Yesterday I've send an e-mail to Young Miniatures about the cap and this is their reply:
Dear Mr. Frank

Hello.
I'm Min J Kim in Young miniatures.
Your e-mail astonished us.
Because we never remove death's head in kit and pictures.
But if you bought it in German shop, I can guess something.
Sometimes, our German dealers had problem with their customhouse about SS figures because of political reason.
I guess, they had to remove death's head for import.
Ok, we will send new cap for you.
Please let me know your address.
I will wait your kind answer.

Warm regards

Min
Young Miniatures
www.young-miniatures.com
Infomation : info@young-miniatures.com
Order : order@young-miniatures.com
Paypal ID : young@young-miniatures.com

This is really more than I was hoping for and to me this looks like excellent customer service.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOUNG MINIATURES! (y) (y) (y)

;)

Frank

Back