• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

15 Century Halberdier

jknaus

Administrator
Well I have been having a heck of a time lately with building and finishing. MP suggested maybe do on of my figures as something totally different. So here we go. I think it should be fairly easy as I don't have a lot of face to putz over and the metal should be doable.
Thios is a Tartar 15 Century Halbedier. In this case it is basically a pike with a blade and hammer. So thrust, cutting like an axe and hammering like a meat tenderizer. It is kit number 75-90. I have all three of these figs but the guy pointing is my least favorite.

h85ff437.jpg

The painted end unpainted example.

ha8e85be.jpg

h39fb4a5.jpg

I pinned it today and got the arms on. Prime tonight and then carry on. Wish me luck.
James

Wow, this guy looks awesome and those steel gizmos look very scary . I think I would prefer to stand accros from a loaded .45

Looking forward to this James B) Cheers, Christian B)

Okay tried painting the face. This is why I just scare off my figures. Painting flesh and faces. I suck.

h3edaaf1.JPG

hd32c5c4.JPG

Luckily (and why I chose to attempt this one) he is wearing a helmet. I used cremwiess for the shirt collar. Just neet to finish it and I can start on the leather and steel.

hc5a2908.JPG

James

I need to work on the leather vest. I tried some Scale 75 leathers but I'm not happy with them. So this weekend I will start over and do my usual oils. Haven't had much modeling time this week,. but should be into it this weekend.
James

I need to work on the leather vest. I tried some Scale 75 leathers but I'm not happy with them. So this weekend I will start over and do my usual oils. Haven't had much modeling time this week,. but should be into it this weekend.
James

Bring on the oils! :cheer: With oils you can achieve some effects on leather clothing that are much harder to do with acrylics.
Good Luck,James!

Back