• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Creature.

ausf

Master at Arms
This is my pull off the shelf model for the week.

I built this a while ago and set him on his side instead of the upright pose intended. It's the Polar Lights or Moebius release of the old kit.

I added the moving weeds to hide the metal support and added some to his arms to tie it together.

I didn't want to paint this in color, so I'm messing around with a monochromatic scheme as seen in the film underwater with the light rays playing on the surface.

This is only the beginning, mostly painted the torso and thighs after the initial ABing of the four shades of grey. The light is straight on, the heavy shadows are painted on, not from the photo.

h69726bd.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I was wondering if this was going to surface after seeing it sitting in the background in another pic.

:popcorn

I'm on a tear, since I had the black and white out for the Munsters, I grabbed the Creature:

h923431b.jpg

hbc28f8c.jpg

hd0b6bc5.jpg

Back