• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wasteland fuel tanker

Cheyenne

Haven't been totally idle .......

Still needs some washes and a little of this and that , basically though this will be the finished vehicle , ..... maybe , ........ maybe some screened wheel guards , ........ maybe .......
Sorry for the multitude of pics , ........ but I haven't reall built in awhile and I'm trying to get my mojo back .

Picture1753.jpg

Picture1754.jpg

Picture1778.jpg

Picture1779.jpg

Picture1755.jpg

Picture1757.jpg

Picture1756.jpg

Picture1758.jpg

Picture1759.jpg

Picture1760.jpg

Picture1780.jpg

Picture1777.jpg

Picture1761.jpg

Picture1765.jpg

Picture1772.jpg

Picture1764.jpg

Picture1769.jpg

Picture1766.jpg

Picture1767.jpg

Picture1770.jpg

Picture1771.jpg

Picture1763.jpg

Picture1776.jpg

Picture1768.jpg

Picture1773.jpg

I just thinking...
if you aren't with "THAT" mojo, what you gone do when your mojo are 100%... :hmmm

AMAZING!!! looks that out of some MAD MAX movie!!! :ro: :ro: :ro: :ro:

Thanks guys , ........... the school that was closed down for mold Labor Day weekend has been finished .
Totally gutted and refinished floors to ceilings , ....... no more 6 - 7 day weeks at 12 hrs. a day !!!

I'll finally get some normal bench and family time back now .
I used to check in here before work 4 - 5 am before work and if I wasn't too tired 7 or 8 at night .
Now I can spend more time here also !!! :laugh:

I love it!
great weathering Glen, especially your scratches on the yellow doors of the cab and the fading blue on the tank. Mad Max eat your heart out.

Ian (Brother from another Mother).

CHEYENNE ,

I'd say that th Mojo is back !! Man ! I love this ! Awesome weathering ! Great job on th Fuel Tank ! I love th weapons stash !

Beautiful Job !!!

:drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks :drinks

I'd say th Mojo is back in Force !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhTCYqJsfqs​

Iam , .......... Ian , ............. Bro ............. thanks man !!!

Erik , thanks dude !!!

I used the dinosaur , old school method .
The whole thing was sprayed with red oxide regular old auto primer .
Yellow and three different shades of blues with some masking , then a small wire brush and hobby knife for scratches and damages , ............ all body paint , ..... rattle cans .
Polyscale water based rust for different rust shades against the red primer where it shows through the yellow and blue tankerbody .
Still needs some more weathering/dust overall and some blues to blend and transition in some of the decals on the back .
Then she's done .

I spent yesterday reffing gas stations and diners and started a 30 some odd year old Tamiya M577 bucket [ highway orange ] with an old Verlinden plow .
The plan is to take the gas station and diner and crap em up real good for that wasteland/Mad Max/abandonded look .

Picture1782.jpg

Picture1781.jpg

Picture1783.jpg

Picture1784.jpg

Ohhh now thats a cool idea. Looking forward to seeing this. Maybe this figure might be of interest?

file.jpg

James

Very , very cool James !!!

I'll be looking for that fig. fer sure .

I'm also lookin into these .
Only problem is the two dudes have the same heads , ......... methinks .

F35041_1.jpg

f35003_1.jpg

Back