• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Saratoga Sentinel- New York Territory Recon Walker

Jeeves

Well-- I got a bit creative with mine...looked into the MaK stuff and decided it was a bit too pricey (they I found one at Hobbylink Japan for under $20...but too late ;))...but with the idea I was running with, I found some great stuff from Warhammer 40K. Their Imperial Guard Sentinel looked perfect for the part...except that obviously most of the weapons were not usable. There was one configuration that would work though-- a combination of chainsaw and flamethrower. Course with the absence of gasoline-- I'll have to rely on solar power and some creative chemistry by the town's Sages...a napalm-like mixture of medicinal alcohol and methane gas...plenty of that around ;)

Here's the kit...
4-10-11_001.jpg

And here is the smallish interior...this guy will be trapped inside lots of armor when it is all said and done...
4-19-11_006.jpg

And the walker part of the walker...
4-19-11_012.jpg

Well...they had all sorts of attachments that came with it...mostly futuristic stuff like bolt guns and lasers and rocket pods. The chain gun and rocket pods might have worked ...but then I figured with the scarcities that would be existing, there would not be plentiful amounts of rockets or ammo handy...so I went with the chainsaw and flamethrower attachments ;). My scientists designed a special concoction for the flamethrower since good old gasoline is scarce to nonexistent...

Thanks Terry ...it has proven to be a very fun and refreshing diversion from the norm...

Whoops...sorry I haven't been to revisit this thread. No slight intended...I've been working on a couple gifts for my wife's birthday...but now can refocus on these builds. I am actually about to start weathering the beast and then I need to start working on a base for it ;). Thanks for the comments everyone!

Nearly done here....
6-7-11_061.jpg

6-7-11_062.jpg

My improvised solar panel...
6-7-11_063.jpg

6-7-11_065.jpg

Still trying to deide if I'll bother with any decals...

Nice work Mike , .......... good follow up to your story line , ........... 2111 , maybe not decals , but local Saratoga tribal/survivor graffiti [ sp ? ] .

Well-- I wanted to get this one of the bench so I could finish the other three ongoing builds and get two other GB builds started ;) Might still add some of the graffiti Cheyenne...I do like that idea...gotta kind of work some more storyline into this- but for now the pics!

6-25-11_001.jpg

6-25-11_002.jpg

6-25-11_004.jpg

Back