• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Earth 2111

Brilliant story line James , novel worthy !!!

This is the start of a very different Modelers Alliance build concept .

This section , Earth 2111 is being presented to the site for members that want to build post apocalyptic , what if builds , ........... totally Sci-Fi .

As a participant , we are asking you to choose a place on earth in the year 2111 , one hundred years after the destruction of the world as we knew it in 2011 .
What makes this different is that we would also like to ask you to not only build your versions of Mad Maxian type vehicles , planes , dios etc. , ......... but to add to the story line James has written up .

Think Resident Evil , Dawn of the Dead , Mad Max , Fallout 3 , .......... what would your corner of the world look like in James 2111 scenario ?

Are you a wasteland raider ?

Are you on a military base surviving against radioactive , morphed creatures ?

Are you surviving with tech types that have helped you convert 2011 military vehicles or civilian vehicles to travel the wasteland ?

The only guidelines are to take anything existing in 2011 or before , planes , cars , tanks etc. and build what you think they would look like being used by 2111 survivors ..........

Questions ?

You guys should see the brain storming that went on behind the scenes getting ready for this. Thanks to Glenn for sparking this idea, I know it's going to be fun!

Great stuff, Glenn and James (y) (y) This is a really cool idea and something never tried before!!

Count me in , when can we start? Randy

Don`t forget that you guys can brainstorm and collaborate ideas on here too

The wondrous thing about this GB ( if we can call it that or even call it a Global Build ?) is that its open ended and is only limited by your imagination !

As I have a lot on my plate,when will it start and end? I have an LAV 25 in the stash.I also have two of the Verlinden m113 60mm HVM conversions.A 60mm HVM turret on a LAV would be great for a security vehicle for convoy duty.

Greetings from the Republic of Texas. Watch your step. We don't miss.

Terry B)
rtflag1836.jpg

Aloha from the free Community of Fuchstal

Wappen_Fuchstal.png

Peaceful strangers er welcome. Enter at your own risk!

We are the last community in Alpine region willing to defense our claim by air and ground.

And we will also don't miss!

Martin
Fuchstal air force commander

My name is Abner Michael Brophy , it's 6am , Feb. 27th 2111 , ......... I'm in a fortified bunker in Fort Dix New Jersey , ..... well what used to be New Jersey one hundred years ago .
It's time to make the broadcast ..........

" This is Abner Brophy , broadcasting from Fort Dix , New Jersey , ........ can anyone read me ? , ..... " I repeat this is Abner Brophy in Fort Dix New Jersey , ........... can anyone read me ? "
" I will be broadcasting this message every day at six am and six pm "

This is a special day , ......... for about eighty years survivors from 2011 have been broadcasting this message from here on various ham radio sets scavenged from all over .
Today marks the first time we are using a short wave transmitter/receiver with video capabilities .
So if anyone out there has a similar setup they can see my ugly mug .
Every once and a while I can hear broadcasts from some place called The New Republic of Texas , ....... haven't been able to converse with them yet , ........... maybe now with the new transmitter .
Who knows maybe there are no survivors there , maybe it's just a distress signal looped for broadcast .

This isn't the real location of our settlement , that , New Eden , lies about twenty miles south in the Wharton State Forrest , .......... the middle of the Pine Barrens , ...... real Jersey Devil country , ......... how true .

My father Frank Brophy and a few other Pineys started this settlement after the world as they knew it ended in 2011.

The original settlement was here at Fort Dix , his broadcasts back then used to attract poor souls from all over New Jersey .......... but they also attracted a-holes , .......... thieves , murderers , raiders and malcontents .
So they moved the settlement south to the middle of the Pine Barrens , a desolate area they knew well .
Yet they kept broadcasting from here in Fort Dix so they could check out " thoroughly " any new arrivals .

My father and his buddies found that Fort Dix wasn't what it appeared to be at face value .
The Fort Dix Military Reservation also was connected to McGuire Air Force Base and the Navel Air Engineering Station Lakehurst .
The interesting thing about Fort Dix [ unknown to the public ] was that it housed in vast hidden underground bunkers , military stuff dating back to World War Two .

Tanks
Trucks
Weapons
Ammunition
Fuel
Food and Water to last a life time , .......... how convenient , the food and water was to enable thousands of government employees and military types to last for fifty years in case of a global war or natural disaster ............ bingo !!!
Our people since 2011 , a hundred or so , haven't even put a dent in it .
Heavily guarded and craftily cammo'ed it's still used sparingly , .......... most of our food and water is scavenged from the surrounding wasteland towns and cities .

A little side note on flora and fauna .
After the " end " in 2011 , there where not many survivors , this was deduced by the vast amounts of super markets and stores literally untouched .
That was a hundred years ago though , ......... today foraging and scavenging means traveling farther and farther away from New Eden , .......... and that means trouble .
I can't explain it I'm no scientist , but after one hundred years there's some pretty weird " things " roaming the wasteland .
Radioactive " zombie like " humanoid types , if you can call them human .
Feral dog/wolf/coyote things that are huge , fast and deadly .
Plants that will eat you if you're unlucky enough to get ensnared by them .
Human raiders and dirtbags that are existing mostly by cannibalism .

Then there are the things we don't have a clue as to what they look like ........ they hunt in the night .

This is my world in 2111 , that's all for today , ........ Journal entry February 27 , 2111 .

My name?

I don't recall if I ever had a name, at least not a name like you describe.

I was born into this world that you call a wasteland. It is all I know and all I have ever known. It is my home. They say I was born disfigured, ugly and scarred like a freak but I look just like every other member of my family and all of those around me. We are most likely what you call the 'raiders' or the 'scumbags', we have been forced to survive this hostile environment how ever we can, by whatever means necessary. Your species is no longer on the top of the food chain. After hundreds of years of becoming fat and lazy in the comfort of your modern world, you have lost the edge that we have been born with. That need to fight for survival. That desire to live that is stronger than any other emotion in our bodies. Your hands are still soft from doing nothing, your mind and reflexes soft as well. You fall at our knees begging to be left alive when we catch you, yet when we turn our backs, you strike.

Throughout my entire life I have witnessed my family and friends turned away by those who have food and water, simply because of what we look like. I have watched as we were hunted down simply because of how we live and the steps we are forced to take, in order to survive. Had we only been given food when we asked... no begged for it, we wouldn't have to resort to digging up the fresh graves of your friends to feed our families. If we were given water when we begged for it, we wouldn't have to break into your camps at night, or hijack your supply truck on those long trips you are forced to take from time to time and had your drivers not pulled their weapons on us, we wouldn't have taken their lives.

After an entire life of witnessing all of this, I am now the leader my people. You have embedded the very thoughts in my mind with your actions, that now force me to do what I must, in order to take over what is rightfully ours.

Even in this time of desolation, destruction, horror and starvation, you still try to assert yourselves as the rule makers. Everyone wants to be the hero, everyone wants to be the righteous one. You think you can decide who gets what and turn away those you don't understand or accept. One would think after countless failures, mankind would be able to look past such things. Instead, you choose to travel the same road that has lead you to your demise time and time again throughout your history. We've seen your books, we've heard your stories, we've learned to use those things that you've thrown away, lost, or had stolen from you. We have figured out these things you call radios, although we have no intention of speaking...

we just listen.

We hear where you are.

We hear what you have.

We hear what you don't have.

We are what we are, we are 'them'. We rule the night, even in your dreams. We are the sounds that wake you in fear, we are the shadows that slip silently through your outer defenses. We were not born this way, you have all created us with your actions, your thoughts, your words.

We are always watching...

and we are coming for you next.

:evil:

My name?

I don't recall if I ever had a name, at least not a name like you describe.

I was born into this world that you call a wasteland. It is all I know and all I have ever known. It is my home. They say I was born disfigured, ugly and scarred like a freak but I look just like every other member of my family and all of those around me. We are most likely what you call the 'raiders' or the 'scumbags', we have been forced to survive this hostile environment how ever we can, by whatever means necessary. Your species is no longer on the top of the food chain. After hundreds of years of becoming fat and lazy in the comfort of your modern world, you have lost the edge that we have been born with. That need to fight for survival. That desire to live that is stronger than any other emotion in our bodies. Your hands are still soft from doing nothing, your mind and reflexes soft as well. You fall at our knees begging to be left alive when we catch you, yet when we turn our backs, you strike.

Throughout my entire life I have witnessed my family and friends turned away by those who have food and water, simply because of what we look like. I have watched as we were hunted down simply because of how we live and the steps we are forced to take, in order to survive. Had we only been given food when we asked... no begged for it, we wouldn't have to resort to digging up the fresh graves of your friends to feed our families. If we were given water when we begged for it, we wouldn't have to break into your camps at night, or hijack your supply truck on those long trips you are forced to take from time to time and had your drivers not pulled their weapons on us, we wouldn't have taken their lives.

After an entire life of witnessing all of this, I am now the leader my people. You have embedded the very thoughts in my mind with your actions, that now force me to do what I must, in order to take over what is rightfully ours.

Even in this time of desolation, destruction, horror and starvation, you still try to assert yourselves as the rule makers. Everyone wants to be the hero, everyone wants to be the righteous one. You think you can decide who gets what and turn away those you don't understand or accept. One would think after countless failures, mankind would be able to look past such things. Instead, you choose to travel the same road that has lead you to your demise time and time again throughout your history. We've seen your books, we've heard your stories, we've learned to use those things that you've thrown away, lost, or had stolen from you. We have figured out these things you call radios, although we have no intention of speaking...

we just listen.

We hear where you are.

We hear what you have.

We hear what you don't have.

We are what we are, we are 'them'. We rule the night, even in your dreams. We are the sounds that wake you in fear, we are the shadows that slip silently through your outer defenses. We were not born this way, you have all created us with your actions, your thoughts, your words.

We are always watching...

and we are coming for you next.

:evil:

:eek:hmy: Ive just poohed my pants reading that !!!!

(y) :D

Brilliant Ken !!!!

The view from the " other side " .

Absatively beautiful , .......... this is excellent fodder for the story line .

Yet , ............. we'll see what happens if , .......... and when New Eden has to forage above the old New York , New Jersey border .

Sleep with one eye open , .............. Raider .................. one day we'll be coming ...........

Back