• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Post apocalyptic V-dub bus

Bagge

Thanks to Jeeves i have a new project started!

Had 2 Volkswagen busses laying that Veerle built but she was not happy with them so she said that i could do what i wanted with them :)

P1150158.JPG

I will use the Panel van and the interior from the Samba bus (Zombie bus)

P1150160.JPG

P1150161.JPG

P1150159.JPG

And if you wonder about the hole in the roof...... i will try and make something like this,

P1150163.JPG

Have a M2 machinegun from a Hasegawa jeep kit for that :ro:

P1150162.JPG

Some tools from Italeris Opel Blitz and a M1 garand from Italeris Jeep kit

P1150164.JPG

I'm sure i will find some usefull things here to (2 redneck Zombie hunters for example :D )

P1150165.JPG

//Mats

Thanks Paul :drinks

Made a little edge around the hole

P1150167.JPG

One of the zombie hunters inspects the build! :)

P1150168.JPG

The interior fits with some small adjustments, not much will be seen through the roof

P1150169.JPG

The M2 :D

P1150170.JPG

Gonna make some copies of this wheel, the original wheels looked a little narrow and not suited for zombiehunting!

P1150171.JPG

//Mats

Some more work on the Machinegun attachment

P1150176.JPG

First wheel casted, hope it will turn out ok, then i can use them for the Hasegawa kubelwagen to instead of the rubbertyres :)

P1150177.JPG

Zombie hunters :fencing

P1150178.JPG

Fixed the texture on the hair and beard of the "general"

P1150173.JPG

P1150174.JPG

And "Bobby joe"

P1150172.JPG

//Mats

So 5 wheels are cast and just need some small filling of airbubbles, made one extra for sparewheel (not pretty to be caught with a flat tyre when them zombies are coming!

P1150183.JPG

P1150180.JPG

Spare wheel and start on frontbumper

P1150184.JPG

P1150188.JPG

Rust..... it will be some of that :)

P1150189.JPG

//Mats

Been plugging away on this one to from time to time :coolio (yes i'm a sandbagger! :))

P1070744~0.JPG

P1070746~0.JPG

P1070747~0.JPG

New version

P1070749~0.JPG

Balks for holding side protectiion skirts

P1070750~0.JPG

Fighting face!

P1070751~0.JPG

//Mats

There is NOTHING to dislike about this :notworthy - I know you didn't ask for input as such, Mats, but I'd like to suggest some sort of IR sight for the .50cal and maybe some spotlights for the roof...

...this is a great build.

Ian

That's fun Mats, what are you doing to the styrene to make it look like rough wood? (y)

I first sand off all sharp corners, and then i go over and scribe the surface with my x-acto sawblade, then a little more cutting at the ends, and after just lightly sanding off the roughest bits :)

Ian, there will be light :D have the sets from italeri with truck parts, so i think it will be like a christmas tree.
Gonna keep my eyes open for some other tyres at the show tomorrow, maybe there is something suitable for this :)

//Mats

That's fun Mats, what are you doing to the styrene to make it look like rough wood? (y)

I first sand off all sharp corners, and then i go over and scribe the surface with my x-acto sawblade, then a little more cutting at the ends, and after just lightly sanding off the roughest bits :)

Ian, there will be light :D have the sets from italeri with truck parts, so i think it will be like a christmas tree.
Gonna keep my eyes open for some other tyres at the show tomorrow, maybe there is something suitable for this :)

//Mats
I Was wondering myself Thanks Why not make it a topic in Sprue U?

I can make up a SbS there if you want, probably next week because now it's preparing for the show tomorrow :)
I'm glad you like it :)

Back